Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

I did go to my local audio store i have been dealing with sense i was very young, i checked on a Rotel 200wpc it was 1500.00, and an Anthem 250wpc was 1800.00, i think i did ok with this Carver, but who knows without buying each one and trying it

I did play with it last night, had the house to myself for awhile, i just hooked it up to see the difference without changing anything last weekend, i pulled some of the bass out, i had to add a little with just the reciever before, made a big difference, it gave me quite a bit more headroom on the amp, wow! There's the db's, it gave me a little more room to turn it up if i feel like i want to completely ruin my hearing! Having alot of fun learning what these epics were designed to do! 

The M-1.5t is a decent amp overall.  Was it completely serviced with all the major parts replaced being that it's about 30 years old?  If not, it's not going to perform optimally.  I do like Carver and I own a highly modified Carver M-1.0t that was redone by the highly skilled people on The Carver Site to what's called an M-1.0t MkII Opt 002.  It's rated at 460 wpc and is leaps and bounds above the 1.5t amp @ 350 wpc and the TFM-55 @ 380 wpc.  It's a beast of an amp and one that I've personally owned for about 8 years now.  It even sounds great on my Belle clones without a hint of hiss like so many S/S amps will have....especially older untouched stock amps that are just itching to fail.  lol

• 1 month later...

What size/thread for spikes on a set of CF2s? Not super impressed with the lower frequencies and want to try spiking them to the subfloor. I will say, the lower extension is great, but not much authority. Smallish room, maybe 13x15, 800 square foot first floor with three bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen. 

1 hour ago, DirtyErnie said:

What size/thread for spikes on a set of CF2s? Not super impressed with the lower frequencies and want to try spiking them to the subfloor. I will say, the lower extension is great, but not much authority. Smallish room, maybe 13x15, 800 square foot first floor with three bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen. 

my guess is that the thread is most likely a standard 1/4"-20 find a bolt that size and see if it fits Ramset have case hardened spikes designed to shoot through a 1/4" plate steel with a 1/4"-20 thread find a thin locking nut they are in my mind the best spike for the job. Have not owned a pair of CF2 but sounds like maybe it is time for fresh caps bass is not one of their weak points. (pardon the pun)

Did a cap job on one, haven't done the other yet, checking up on the difference. My Sony receiver might be more responsible than anything, but still sounds good and has the automatic EQ function with it's cheesy calibration microphone. Only thing I don't really like is the horn is noticeably louder than the 8" woofers. Not sure if an L-pad or manipulating the crossover CD slope is the right trick, but the Sony does handle that for now.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

Hi,

Just joined the Epic club.

I scored a set of CF3 version 1.

Thanks for this thread, excellent information here.

These need to be completely refurbed, so I will post pics on their journey back to OEM.

crunchman

KIMG0818.jpg

KIMG0820.jpg

Congrats!  Are you the one who was debating between these and the Forte II's this week?

23 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

Congrats!  Are you the one who was debating between these and the Forte II's this week?

Hi Shaun K,

Thanks for the congrats. Not me debating, different guy.

I have had Klipsch for years. I bought my Walnut Oil Chorus II's new back in 1992 (front channel) I also have 2 sets of Walnut Oil Forte II's (one set for rears), A set of KLF-20's in Black Satin (for sale) , a  KLF-C7 Black Satin (center), and a set of black KG 4.5's. Also a groove for the camper.

Pics for presentation only, not placement.

KIMG0107.jpg

KIMG0709.jpg

KIMG0108.jpg

54 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

Does anyone know what the gray sticky tape gasket is? Klipsch used it to gasket the motor board to the cabinet. It appears to just be Butyl tape?

TIA

Parts Express has some or similar.

It was just posted by a member

Very recently. Comes in a roll.

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

Thanks for the link billybob. I have a roll of that that I used on my Ultimax sub build. This is a foam tape.

The stuff used on the CF3's is a putty tape. I have some Butyl tape from my RV repairs and it seems very similar. Just trying to confirm if anyone that has removed the front motor board reapplied new sealant. I would just glue it back on but it would take quite a bit of time to remove it from the groove on the motor board.

• Like 1