Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, MAGRF7 said:

Ahhh I see. I’ve decided to go the route you have been doing and place the klc7 as center and am awaiting another pair of c4’s. One pair for two channel another pair for ht. Now, to get into the car and drive 😎 I may even pick up a pair of cf3’s on my way back for the surrounds 😉

I'm very sorry to inform you, but there is a strict "One Pair" CF-4 rule. you may have any number of the small sizes, up to 5 CF-3s. but only one pair of CF-4s, which may, of course, be complimented with up to 3 CF-3s.

fortunately for you, i happen to have a one owner pair of CF-3s that i would trade that would relieve you of the burden of having too many CF-4 speakers.

sorry, i don't make the rules!

• Like 2

On 4/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, khornbred said:

I'm very sorry to inform you, but there is a strict "One Pair" CF-4 rule. you may have any number of the small sizes, up to 5 CF-3s. but only one pair of CF-4s, which may, of course, be complimented with up to 3 CF-3s.

fortunately for you, i happen to have a one owner pair of CF-3s that i would trade that would relieve you of the burden of having too many CF-4 speakers.

sorry, i don't make the rules!

😂

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Shiva said:

Congrats on the new additions.  I dig your home built stands and of course, the nice basket hats on all.😀

The purpose of the basket 🧺 is to stop my cat ( 🐈 comfort) not to climb my speakers and sit on it 😂🤣☺️😉 well that’s my garage my KLF 30 is in living room for home theater and occasionally two channel 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andreaskn said:

Hello all, just bought a pair of cf4 v3.

Sold my Rf7 mk2, and havent really heard the cf4 before :) any one that have heard both of these care to comment?

Welcome to the boards!  You're the latest inductee to the Epic Owners Club.

I've not heard the RF7's, but I will tell you that I am immensely happy with my CF-3's.  The CF-4's have been favorably compared to the Klipschorn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andreaskn said:

Hello all, just bought a pair of cf4 v3.

Sold my Rf7 mk2, and havent really heard the cf4 before :) any one that have heard both of these care to comment?

Welcome. You have come to the right place to share. I Have not heard both myself. Just trust your own ears. Looking to your evaluation and review. 

• Like 4

On 4/22/2021 at 3:49 AM, LORDROOTMAN said:

This serial number is likely to be version 2 right 212596971?

I would say version 2's.  From what  I've read and seen in pictures, The 3rd versions had black horns and the drivers were black as well.

• Like 3

Doing some homework in my friend's basement where my CF-4s live until I buy a place of my own in my new home city. Software engineering classes end this fall. I should be pretty hirable then (and have intentionally focused on education now) so I will buy my Klipsches the house they deserve! 😆

20210430_120636.jpg

• Like 4

Thx all :)

some back info.

Had a rotel 1592 with 200w 8ohm x2

Changed that out for a emotiva xpa-dr2 580w 8ohm x2. Rotel was nice! Emotiva was somthing else, so much power and control.

then i changed out the emotiva with crown 2502 btl x2 1550w 8ohm.

loads of bass with the crown but the quality was not at the lvl of emotiva.

Then i sold the crown and got 2 x hypex 502mp BTL.

1200w 8ohm x2 and this i tell u its sick! I have had mcintosh and lots of other real beefey amps but the hypex class D is somthing else, crystal clear but not dead, and the bass controll is sick. On the rf7 i could se the elements move on the rotel and emotiva, now i cant se them, looks like they are standing still.

Im a bass and drum/rock/metall kinda guy so i hope the cf4 will beat the crap out of the rf7 :)

Planing on doing all the braces and dampening.

If i like em ebony veneer is next:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122799121466

Just done wih some real nice Kef 104/2 from 1987, good speakers but not insane :)

Btw

Have had the klipsch sp1, first speakers at age 16 :)

then boston m350, nice and looks like a million.

Rf 7 mk1, they where quite bad stock  had to work em over with dampening.

rf7 mk2 i quite loved these, so much physical power, u could feel the music. But still wanted somthing more.

Now CF-4 picking them up at the end of the month.

Edited by Andreaskn
  • Like 2