Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

2 hours ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Doing some homework in my friend's basement where my CF-4s live until I buy a place of my own in my new home city. Software engineering classes end this fall. I should be pretty hirable then (and have intentionally focused on education now) so I will buy my Klipsches the house they deserve! 😆

20210430_120636.jpg

Is it just me?  Do those horns look gray to you and not black?

same as all other klipsch of this era, very thin but can be lightly sanded to freshen up or remove light staings & scratches. sometimes you can see how thick it is on the back endge of the cabinet where the veneer ends. 

51 minutes ago, Shiva said:

In regards to the CF3 and 4, they use the same horn driver.

To piggyback off this, the CF2 and KV4 use the exact same 2” diaphragm (K-64-KN) as the CF3&4 (K-63-KN). So technically, you can easily swap those diaphragms into the CF3&4’s magnets and be up and running. See this post for more context: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a pic of an Epic CF3, series 3.  As you see in the pic, the horn is black, as are the drivers, with 2.5" ports.   Just for some added info on the different series and how to tell 2 from 3.

d55acf4fb8cb4a268fbaa504c5e8cf71.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, LORDROOTMAN said:

1 pair of KLF 30 

1 pair of CF3 

2 pairs of CF4 

im done 

Great score, once again.  The speakers are now all on the same level.  👍 I see the aftermarket drivers on one of the CF4's, forgot the brand name.   I assume you've been comparing them, observations? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1