Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

50 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

That walnut is just superb. I like it even a smidge more than cherry. Good stuff. 

in the last pic posted above, what woofers do the inner pair have?  dont look like epic woofers.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

in the last pic posted above, what woofers do the inner pair have?  dont look like epic woofers.  

It’s a few pages back, he’s running some Italian made drivers that come close to the OGs, I wanna say. Lemme look it up. 

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

I see the aftermarket drivers on one

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

I see the aftermarket drivers on one of the CF4's, forgot the brand name. 

That might be Ciare.  We don't see many blown woofers on the CF-3 or 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 3:46 PM, LORDROOTMAN said:

I record playback with my iPhone and download them on YouTube 

cf4 and KLF 30

Great selections for that demo! Where can I buy a guitar like that? Better yet, how much does a guitar like that cost? LOL

Rick

@LORDROOTMAN you know me as the purchaser of your RB-81 IIs 🤣 And also CF4 owner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, Shiva said:

Great score, once again.  The speakers are now all on the same level.  👍 I see the aftermarket drivers on one of the CF4's, forgot the brand name.   I assume you've been comparing them, observations? 

Yes it’s Ciare drivers I bought them originally for my KLF 30s but it sounds amazing and fit perfect with CF4  clean deep tight bass but the original neodymium drivers on CF4 is amazing too at least I have Ciare as a backup 

LORDROOTMAN:  As a big KLF-30 fan, I was dismayed to hear the comparison videos you did between the KLF-30 and the CF4.  The KLF-30s sounded, by comparison, like they were playing in a cardboard box.  I never thought my KLF-30s sounded so boring, but maybe it’s just because I’m used to them and I don’t know what I’m missing.  So I fired up my system and found the same song you played (great song BTW, much better than the regular version!).  I recorded it with my iPhone and it sounded just like your recording of the CF4.  

FWIW, mine were nicely glued up and refinished by ITEACHSTEM.  They have the Crites crossover, titanium tweeter, and the A55G squawker.  The woofers are some $88 Dayton Audio 12 inchers that ITEACHSTEM sold me as ‘upgrades” to the originals, which he listed separately ($350/pr).  I expect that once the Ciaras are available, the bass will improve quite a bit.

So, now I’m wondering if your KLFs are working to the best of their ability.  Is it possible that if people can’t find a nice pair of CF4s, for similar money they could get equivalent sound, and a lot more upgrade options, by going with the KLF-30?

Edited by alanhuth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alanhuth said:

LORDROOTMAN:  As a big KLF-30 fan, I was dismayed to hear the comparison videos you did between the KLF-30 and the CF4.  The KLF-30s sounded, by comparison, like they were playing in a cardboard box.  I never thought my KLF-30s sounded so boring, but maybe it’s just because I’m used to them and I don’t know what I’m missing.  So I fired up my system and found the same song you played (great song BTW, much better than the regular version!).  I recorded it with my iPhone and it sounded just like your recording of the CF4.  

FWIW, mine were nicely glued up and refinished by ITEACHSTEM.  They have the Crites crossover, titanium tweeter, and the A55G squawker.  The woofers are some $88 Dayton Audio 12 inchers that ITEACHSTEM sold me as ‘upgrades” to the originals, which he listed separately ($350/pr).  I expect that once the Ciaras are available, the bass will improve quite a bit.

So, now I’m wondering if your KLFs are working to the best of their ability.  Is it possible that if people can’t find a nice pair of CF4s, for similar money they could get equivalent sound, and a lot more upgrade options, by going with the KLF-30?

Until you play both speakers side by side with the same amp you really don’t know what you’re missing 

don’t get me wrong KLF 30 is amazing speakers 

i use to own 3 pairs 1 pair of chorus ii and pair of forte 

Right when I listen to CF4 for first time I listed my 2 pairs  of KLF 30s chorus ii and forte ii for sale 

my KLF30  is mahogany with original box it has new Bob crites titanium diaphragm, new crossover new midrange drivers A-55G Ciare and upgrade jumpers from factory metal crap 

well I don’t really believe in cables but I’m using Audioquest type 4 on all my speakers because they looks gorgeous 😂🤣😂

CF4 has wider soundstage amazing deep bass great clarity but KLF midrange horn is intoxicating 

when I compare them KLF always lost even my CF3 V3 sounds to me much better than KLF 30 with all the upgrades I have even installed CF4 drivers on KLF 30 but still not close 

I really want you to find a pair of CF4 and listen to them it doesn’t matter V1,V2 or V3 

I will easily take KLF 30 over chorus ii though 

• Like 3

• Klipsch Employees
4 hours ago, alanhuth said:

So your klipsch klf-30’s are not klipsch anymore.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, alanhuth said:

Join this group on Facebook is KLF legendary group but a lot of CF4/3 owners post there and listen to what they have to say most of them have KLF CF4 and different klipsch speakers 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/160621919090930/?ref=share

For years I've always kept a lookout for a nice pair of CF-4's with no luck.I heard them years prior and was totally impressed.

A friend of mine scored a flawless pair of cherry CF-4's. They looked and sounded awesome. That is, until we compared them side-by-side with upgraded 30's. The difference in sound quality was not subtle. The 30's had:
1. Crites xovers
2. MAHL tweeters/DE10 drivers
3. A55G mid-drivers
4. Ciare woofers
5. Cabinets sealed and braced
6. Mogami jumpers

It was like comparing Palladiums vs. KG's. Keep in mind the CF-4'S were all original. Despite all the comparisons, the KLF-30's with the above mentioned upgrades/mods are in another league.

What's also interesting is how similar the upgraded 30's sound compared to the new Cornwall lV's I demoed. Similar in how smooth and non-fatiguing they play. It's good to know that the improvements made with the Cornwall IV's were similar to the improvements with the KLF-30 upgrades. The biggest difference was in the tweeters between the two. If you're unable to EQ the DE10's, they are on the hot side. Very clear and smooth but hot. EQ takes care of it at 5khz.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWL said:

For years I've always kept a lookout for a nice pair of CF-4's with no luck.I heard them years prior and was totally impressed.

A friend of mine scored a flawless pair of cherry CF-4's. They looked and sounded awesome. That is, until we compared them side-by-side with upgraded 30's. The difference in sound quality was not subtle. The 30's had:
1. Crites xovers
2. MAHL tweeters/DE10 drivers
3. A55G mid-drivers
4. Ciare woofers
5. Cabinets sealed and braced
6. Mogami jumpers

It was like comparing Palladiums vs. KG's. Keep in mind the CF-4'S were all original. Despite all the comparisons, the KLF-30's with the above mentioned upgrades/mods are in another league.

What's also interesting is how similar the upgraded 30's sound compared to the new Cornwall lV's I demoed. Similar in how smooth and non-fatiguing they play. It's good to know that the improvements made with the Cornwall IV's were similar to the improvements with the KLF-30 upgrades. The biggest difference was in the tweeters between the two. If you're unable to EQ the DE10's, they are on the hot side. Very clear and smooth but hot. EQ takes care of it at 5khz.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

So... a totally non Klipsch speaker?

• Like 2