Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

On 7/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, srowe said:

I just just acquired a set of CF3 version 1 that just don't sound quite clear.  Drums, mid bass and cymbals sound ok -cymbals a little hot but voices nasally, midrange and voices sound very recessed overall.

I thought my CF-4 v1 was nasal.  They weren't accurate, the pitch was about 1/3 too high.  I fixed mine and now they are very accurate.

I'm off to the gym in a few minutes but when I get back in the early afternoon I'll give you some info which will fix that. 

If you don't want to wait I've already detailed that earlier in the thread.  I just don't have time at the moment to find it, but it's there.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I thought my CF-4 v1 was nasal.  They weren't accurate, the pitch was about 1/3 too high.  I fixed mine and now they are very accurate.

I'm off to the gym in a few minutes but when I get back in the early afternoon I'll give you some info which will fix that. 

If you don't want to wait I've already detailed that earlier in the thread.  I just don't have time at the moment to find it, but it's there.

Thanks so much.  I can wait.  I really appreciate that!

• Like 1

Locally there are some CF-4's version 1 listed at 3K in mint condition. What is the current price range for something like this on the used market and what to ask/look for?

I know nothing about the product and was looking for something bigger than my Heresy's.

9 minutes ago, MacWorks said:

Locally there are some CF-4's version 1 listed at 3K in mint condition. What is the current price range for something like this on the used market and what to ask/look for?

I know nothing about the product and was looking for something bigger than my Heresy's.

If they are as stated and stock speakers maybe $1500 tops for starters. You will get more input.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 8:58 AM, MacWorks said:

Locally there are some CF-4's version 1 listed at 3K in mint condition.

the price is quite high   ,  in comparison ----Heresy III  --mint condition - Treasure Coast - 1200$ ,   since June  -are they sold ?

https://treasure.craigslist.org/ele/d/port-saint-lucie-klipsch-heresy-3s/7333812027.html

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/201275

So not sure what you are saying.... that is good price for a Heresy III? With the Heritage line you would generally pay more?

I thought there was some mystique to the Epics. Especially the CF-4. 

Not trolling, I am not as informed when comparing across product lines.

Thanks

15 hours ago, MacWorks said:

So not sure what you are saying.... that is good price for a Heresy III? With the Heritage line you would generally pay more?

I thought there was some mystique to the Epics. Especially the CF-4. 

Not trolling, I am not as informed when comparing across product lines.

Thanks

yes that price is rather high, almost double what average to good condition cf4 sell for. 

not quite sure either what the comparison above is about... H3 are apples to the cf4 watermelons in sound & size.

there is some mystique & rarity to the big epics & they are a great all around speaker for music or movie use.

best of luck in your search. 

• Like 2

Found a CF-2/3/4 driver on eBay. Listed as a K-64 (i.e. CF-2 version with the smaller horn). But ... 98% sure this is identical to the CF-3/4 driver which is the "K-63" including the horn. Also posted it in "Alerts." See ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/255062605384?hash=item3b62ea7e48:g:s9EAAOSw-ZRg-ZfD 

Supposedly these are IMPOSSIBLE to find :) 

On 7/29/2021 at 11:06 AM, Emile said:

Found a CF-2/3/4 driver on eBay. Listed as a K-64 (i.e. CF-2 version with the smaller horn). But ... 98% sure this is identical to the CF-3/4 driver which is the "K-63" including the horn. Also posted it in "Alerts." See ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/255062605384?hash=item3b62ea7e48:g:s9EAAOSw-ZRg-ZfD 

Supposedly these are IMPOSSIBLE to find :) 

This horn looks smaller than the one on CF4 

• Like 1