Klipsch Epic Owners Group

kapsnb01

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-Audio/90s/Audio-1995-07.pdf

One other point stated in the review of the Epic CF3  in the link, is that Klipsch recommended that the speakers be slightly tilted up towards the ear of the listener for best results, which the reviewer did.  He took measurements tilted and not and got better measurements tilted up. A review worth reading for Epic owners.👍

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

And for Epic owner wanna-bees. Boy they are hard to come by in Cander eh!

Where in Canada are you?  There is a pair for sale in Minneapolis, which might not be too far a drive depending of course. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_Of_Reason said:

How's it going guys?

I'm still on the hunt for a deal on a good amp. I found this one on CL. What do y'all think? I believe the ex4420 does 200w @8ohms. Thanks in advance!

V_O_R

Screenshot_20201002-161012.png

That amp driving Epics will run you out of the room long before you get to any limiter.  Plenty of headroom; I think you will be happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

That amp driving Epics will run you out of the room long before you get to any limiter.  Plenty of headroom; I think you will be happy.

Yes, thanks to you all I've learned that since the EPICs are pretty sensitive, not much Watts is needed to make them move walls. lol

Thanks for your input @Oicu812! Do you think that is a fair price? 

V_O_R

6 minutes ago, Voice_Of_Reason said:

...your Grandfather was a very wise man. 

V_O_R

That he was.  His funeral was on Tuesday, and he lived a long and happy life.  98 years old, and still "interested in the ladies" right to the end.  One of six brothers to serve in WW2.  He was the last of 14 siblings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oicu812 said:

That he was.  His funeral was on Tuesday, and he lived a long and happy life.  98 years old, and still "interested in the ladies" right to the end.  One of six brothers to serve in WW2.

I'm so sorry for your loss man. Haha I hope to live that long and still have that energy! :) I thank him for his service.

Cheers!:emotion-22:

V_O_R

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_Of_Reason said:

I'm so sorry for your loss man. Haha I hope to live that long and still have that energy! :) I thank him for his service.

Cheers!:emotion-22:

V_O_R

I think I can share this one on the forum:  One of his brothers came in through Normandy.  The other fought Rommel in North Africa.  Claude (the one that landed in Normandy) was told that his brother had been killed.  He fought up through France into southern Germany, and ended up in a foxhole hiding from a sniper.  He heard running feet behind and glanced back to make sure they were Americans.  These guys jumped in the hole with him, so he turned to the one next to him to bum a smoke. 

It was the brother he was told had been killed.  He had came up through Italy, and both ended up in the same foxhole in a small German village. 

If you wrote that into a script, no one would believe it.  From what he told me it turned into a party right there in the mud.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

That he was.  His funeral was on Tuesday, and he lived a long and happy life.  98 years old, and still "interested in the ladies" right to the end.  One of six brothers to serve in WW2.  He was the last of 14 siblings.

Condolences for your Loss , and all the Honor for your Grandfather's Serving the Country  , he couldn't be more that 17-18 years when WW2 started

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Condolences for your Loss , and all the Honor for your Grandfather's Serving the Country  , he couldn't be more that 17-18 years when WW2 started

He was born in 1922, and was 19 when the war started for the US.

My sincerest condolences on your families loss of your grandfather. I share a similar story with my grandfathers service in WWII. D-Day. My own grandfather was a very important figure in my upbringing. Always regard his advice as important and relevant. If anyone still has any contact with a WWII vet, I suggest you take advantage of the relationship you have and just ask them to share their life and experience with you. Very few remain now.

3 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

My sincerest condolences on your families loss of your grandfather. I share a similar story with my grandfathers service in WWII. D-Day. My own grandfather was a very important figure in my upbringing. Always regard his advice as important and relevant. If anyone still has any contact with a WWII vet, I suggest you take advantage of the relationship you have and just ask them to share their life and experience with you. Very few remain now.

VERY sage advice.  Pop (my father's father) had a great uncle and another family member that were Civil War vets.  He grew up knowing them, and I grew up knowing him.

My mother's mother died in April, and she was in the WAVES in WW2.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAVES

I never expected to have grandparents in my mid 50's.  I was lucky.

• Like 1

In regards to how much power the Epics might demand on ones system, there used to be a guy on this forum called Cleve.  He had a 5.1 Epic system in his home, 3 CF4's in front, 2 CF3's for rear surrounds. 👍 All powered by 300 watt per channel Mcintosh gear. He would take pics of the meters, pegged at 300 watts playing music.  So, they may draw more power than one would think or need. I think it better to have more than less.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1