Bob Crites CT120 tweeters

kg4guy

http://www.critesspeakers.com/prices-other_stuff.html

Our CT120 Tweeters.  Shipping for these is $12.00 in the US.

Model CT120 Pair including hook-up wires $225.00

Model CT120 Pair including hook-up wires and Z-brackets $237.00

Our CT125 Tweeters.  Shipping for these in the US is $12.00 by Priority Mail.

Model CT125 Pair:  $160.00

With Z-brackets installed $172.00

I have heard the older CT tweeters... amazing replica of the K77 but not for me. I liked the idea of picking my drivers.

The Eiptrac tweeter has been a game changer. I used to believe the Contrac was the only real upgrade, the Eliptrac tweeter seems to match the performance of the Contrac at 1/5th the size which helps being the cabinet size down without sacrificing performance. 

I think its pretty amazing that there is such god data for all these tweeters. 

Edited by justinsweber

Got one in to compare to the K77 and first impressions are the CT120 much cleaner open sounding.

kg4guy,

Did you get in anymore time listening to these? I may have to replace my CT-125's as I've changed out the XO's.

Wb

Edited by Wolfbane

Guest David H
the horn appears to be the same one used on the CT-125 replacements.

I agree, I think Bob is cnc machining his own adapters for his CT-125 horn.

From looks alone the horn appears to be an improvement over the short stock

As I recall, Bob cloned the original K77 horn lens, the additional depth was to accommodate the eminence driver. Either way the DE-120 should be an improvement over the Eminence.

As an added bonus if you purchase a pair of CT-120's or the new CT-125's you get to deal with a true gentleman and one of the best and most responsive vendor's of anything aftermarket related to Klipsch.

Stands behind everything he sells, fast shipping, prompt email or telephone response.

Edited by Wolfbane
  • Like 1

As an added bonus if you purchase a pair of CT-120's or the new CT-125's you get to deal a true gentleman and one of the best and most responsive vendor's of anything aftermarket related to Klipsch.

Stands behind everything he sells, fast shipping, prompt email or telephone response.

I'll second that statement. A pleasure to deal with. I know it is not a Klipsch product but I like the description of the Cornscala. I would rather have a horn bass but horn bass cabinets are not a good WAF. When I owned Bose 901's my ex was always sliding them against the wall to get them out of the way no matter how many times I told her they were supposed to be 18" from the wall. 

You're lucky those were rather small. Buy some well-used black coffin-like Cornwalls, then toe them in per PWK's instructions. If you see the little woman reading the 'Merry Widow Insurance Policy' that she bought 'for you' and doing a little jig in time to whatever music you're enjoying... you'll be lucky if you don't wake up at 3:00AM the next morning to the sound of soil hitting the upper side of the 3X6 foot hole she's planted you and your new favorite speakers in.

Guest David H

As an added bonus if you purchase a pair of CT-120's or the new CT-125's you get to deal a true gentleman and one of the best and most responsive vendor's of anything aftermarket related to Klipsch.

No argument here.

Bob is a model vendor for sure.

The B&C DE-120 is an excellent driver, I have been using it since 2013 on my Eliptrac HF.

Currently the DE-120 is being phased out and being replaced by the even smaller DE-110, also a great driver.

In the picture, it look like maybe a thread on  adapter on the original CT-125 horn to mount the B&C driver. Can anyone confirm?

This driver and your Elliptrac horn is what I used in my original ported/upgraded  "Super Heresy/Baby Cornwall" speaker, now owned by Jim Jimbo. A bunch of guys in the Chicago area heard it and were impressed. Nice tweeter driver that stomps the K77. That being said, I prefer the sound and measurement of Bob's original tweeter driver, which I'm currently using in my Super Heresy's. BUT, either way, you can't go wrong with any of the 4 combinations from either provider.

• Like 1

The B&C DE-120 is an excellent driver, I have been using it since 2013 on my Eliptrac HF.

Currently the DE-120 is being phased out and being replaced by the even smaller DE-110, also a great driver.

In the picture, it look like maybe a thread on  adapter on the original CT-125 horn to mount the B&C driver. Can anyone confirm?

This driver and your Elliptrac horn is what I used in my original ported/upgraded  "Super Heresy/Baby Cornwall" speaker, now owned by Jim Jimbo. A bunch of guys in the Chicago area heard it and were impressed. Nice tweeter driver that stomps the K77. That being said, I prefer the sound and measurement of Bob's original tweeter driver, which I'm currently using in my Super Heresy's. BUT, either way, you can't go wrong with any of the 4 combinations from either provider.

Claude,

Do you mean Bob's CT-125? 

Edited by Wolfbane

For anyone that might be contemplating a purchase, I just tried to order a pair but Bob is sold out. He is out of the B&C DE120 drivers and does not expect them until December.

I was 10 minutes late so congrats to whoever got the last pair.

Edited by Tasdom

For anyone that might be contemplating a purchase, I just tried to order a pair but Bob is sold out. He is out of the B&C DE120 drivers and does not expect them until December.

I was 10 minutes late so congrats to whoever got the last pair.

I may be one of the guilty parties!  When I emailed Bob Crites two days ago about his newest tweeters he said he only had a couple pairs left and suggested I claim a pair right away.  I did; expecting delivery next week.

~