Anybody here?

MyOwn

If you've got the bucks--that would certainly be interesting to hear.

Personally, I'd look at integrating a one of these into a nice box..and perhaps using three of them to tri-amp a pair of Khorns, which would require something like this to do the crossover duties.  The price would be about 2/3s of the two monoblocks that you've identified, and the difference in sound quality would be fairly enormous over the stock Khorn.

Chris

• Like 2

So what attracted you to these amplifiers?

Chris

Chris, I'm familiar with Wyred 4 Sound as I have their DAC-2 DSDse and it made a tremendous improvement in my sytem. My Tube amp starting sounding funny, the left channel is louder. I'm sure it is a bad tube causing the problem but because of this I got to thinking about just wanting to turn on my system without the headache of worrying about tubes....I started reading up on these amps and really liked this review http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/wyred8/1.html

I haven't been able to find a bad review on the mAMP's...What I haven't been able to find is anyone using these with Klipsch Speakers...If I go this route I will keep my Grounded Grid Pre-amp which I beleive will work just fine with the mAMP's.....Your thoughts are very welcomed

• 2 years later...
On 8/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, Schu said:

You bought a 10th anniversary wyred?

The bottom line is yes.

I'd like to think I stepped into one gradually less painfully using Wyred's up grade and trade in options.

If I remember correctly, I purchased a dsd, upgraded to a dsd-se,  then traded in for the 10th.

So what do I think of the 10th? I love it.....😁

A quick note about Wyred,

I asked "Wyred" if they are throwing new boards or upgrading into a prior purchases. No is the answer I got. Wyred would never do this.

I would imagine it would not be the redesigned board because that is what separates the 10th from the upgrade path.

I am probably going to trade in my factory dsdse for the 10th. I got confirmation that they will give me 2k for my dsdse.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 9:54 PM, Schu said:

I would imagine it would not be the redesigned board because that is what separates the 10th from the upgrade path.

I am probably going to trade in my factory dsdse for the 10th. I got confirmation that they will give me 2k for my dsdse.

That is very good, 2k is good from what you have invested in it originally,  Call Wyerd and ask for a better price and explain to them why you think so.

Wyred makes some very awesome DAC's.

I can only recommend doing it as you will not be disappointed with your purchase...I'm not...