should I buy la scala's

fatso

I paid less for all 3 of mine than many have paid for a pair of beat up ones.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Stop it! 

Just stop it, you're killing me!  Leave a little luck for the rest of us!!!!

I saw where the big Powerball Lottery is up to about a third of a billion.  Are you playing? 

If you are, I won't bother getting my hopes up by buying a ticket...  :(

• Like 2

He can't help himself.  He's likely to pick up some mint k horns for $250 at an estate auction in October and think they're nice and pick up two more from a CL ad from a bitter divorcee for $100.  Youth - I'm just channeling my inner Babe Ruth here and trying to call a shot.  If it happens, you can thank me later!

fatso - if you can swing it - pick those babies up!  I look daily for La Scalas (on CL - shipping is a bear to Alaska) and am anxious to snag a pair myself one day. 

• Like 2

actually I don't have a place for them. I'm thinking in the basement game room. Home theter is using polk SDA Srs's and I'm very pleased with them not sure I want to swap them out. But I still feel the need to get the La Scala's just to have them

If that 1977 pair was in "New In-Box" condition, then maybe $1000... Otherwise start deducting for all the things (crossover, tweeter/midrange diaphragms) that generally need to be updated to get them sounding relatively new.

So if you really want them, then make an offer based on their current condition and age. I'd offer no more than $700. But if you just have to have them, then go get them... LaScalas have that "something", that just grabs certain people.

Just for reference I own three pair and understand the "need".

• Like 4