Hurricane!

Tarheel

• Moderators
sunburnwilly, on 03 Oct 2015 - 8:33 PM, said:

FuzzyDog, on 03 Oct 2015 - 7:08 PM, said:

Should be a good time.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

10 to 15 mph offshore winds tomorrow should be sweet . It's still gonna be raining though .

Sounds like fun but I don't know anything about those boards or surfing so I have to trust you. 

I have to ask, why does rain matter, visibility ?

• Moderators
minermark, on 03 Oct 2015 - 7:22 PM, said:

FuzzyDog, on 03 Oct 2015 - 3:37 PM, said:

My county just moved to OPCON-1...and our curfew starts at 6:00.

I feel better already.

OPCON-1?

What the hell is that ? some kind of Curfew for looters?

Ceptorman, on 03 Oct 2015 - 8:38 PM, said:

I hope everyone is safe….better get some milk and bread :D

OPCON-1 must mean get bread and milk ?

OPCON-3 means skip the milk and get beer, chips and a helmet ?

Am I close ?

Sounds like fun but I don't know anything about those boards or surfing so I have to trust you.    I have to ask, why does rain matter, visibility ?
 Absolutely and the rain pelting on you while your paddling or riding . But rain storms can clean up conditions in the water . Glassy vs choppy 

A sunny day with the same surf conditions would be preferable .

FabNIzzy069.jpg

• Like 3

Made it to the beach this morning but too much standing water to drive through and it was still 4 hours to high tide . Will have to settle for the leftovers tomorrow . Major flooding all around this area ; rescuing people from their homes in a neighborhood 3 miles from me right now .

Do you wear a wetsuit ? Wouldn't that let you surf later and earlier in the year when the water is cooler. 
I used to when I was younger but not anymore . I have a 1.5mm top that I can use until the water temp. is in the high 60's . Water is 78 degrees right now usually no need for a full wetsuit until November . 
  • Like 2

Everyone knew the water was coming, and yet still some people lost their lives.  The pictures from Charleston and Columbia were just unbelievable.

My son is a police officer in Myrtle Beach, but there was no time off for anybody in public service this weekend.  It was literally "all hands on deck."

My thoughts and prayers go out to all you in South Carolina (and other states) who were devastated by the flood waters this weekend.

• Like 2

Everyone knew the water was coming, and yet still some people lost their lives.  The pictures from Charleston and Columbia were just unbelievable.

My son is a police officer in Myrtle Beach, but there was no time off for anybody in public service this weekend.  It was literally "all hands on deck."

My thoughts and prayers go out to all you in South Carolina (and other states) who were devastated by the flood waters this weekend.

The national news shows a lot of the flooding, and the people struggling to get out. Prayers and good vibes sent their way.