Jubilee speaker's Sold

Cornman

"How about some help with moving them upstairs?   :lol: "

if you are in need of some help let my know... I am Brushy Creek..

best

AL

Thanks for the offer!  I was mostly joking about that as I expect to be able to get some help.  I dont' even know where Brushy Creek is.

Actually, one thing that I will need before i can hook them up is adapters.  THe EV DX-38 has balanced inputs/outputs.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone has sugestions on adapters for RCA connectors and/or potential sources for them.

Edited by JMON

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has suggestions on adapters for RCA connectors and/or potential sources for them.
Guitar Center is one source that's worked well.

Chris

• Like 1

Actually, one thing that I will need before i can hook them up is adapters. THe EV DX-38 has balanced inputs/outputs. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has sugestions on adapters for RCA connectors and/or potential sources for them.

Jmon,

Will you be going from unbalanced outputs of a preamp to the inputs of the DX-38? And then from the balanced outs into an unbalanced input of a power amp? For the preamp outs to the DX-38 inputs these cables from Monoprice work great and they're wired properly:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4776 (other lengths are available)

For the DX-38s outs to unbalanced in, that's going to be a little less straightforward.

• Like 1

I made my own....  bought some Mogami Neglex and Neutrik XLR's.

Messed one up (or three?  :ph34r: ) but once I realized I had to swap wires on the opposite end, I got it.  (I didn't follow pin 1 to pin 1, I did "red/right" and when I went to the other end, red needed to be left)

• Like 1

• Moderators

"How about some help with moving them upstairs?   :lol: "

if you are in need of some help let my know... I am Brushy Creek..

best

AL

Thanks for the offer!  I was mostly joking about that as I expect to be able to get some help.  I dont' even know where Brushy Creek is.

Actually, one thing that I will need before i can hook them up is adapters.  THe EV DX-38 has balanced inputs/outputs.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone has suggestions on adapters for RCA connectors and/or potential sources for them.

Chris is correct, Guitar Center carriers XLR to RCA in stock.  You can get just the adapter, solid metal barrel, XLR  (either male or female) on one end and RCA on the  other.  You need 4 of one type, and two of the other IIRC (or is it 4 and 4?)  I cannot recall how many females and how many males on the XLR end..  All will be RCA female.  You use your existing RCA interconnects to plug into those barrel adapters. 

If you have some more time you can order them from Markertech a little bit (maybe it was a lot cheeper). 

Unless you are very good with a solder iron, and knowledgeable about cables, I would not mess around with trying to make cables.  Most people cannot do it, and most don't have any idea how to go from a xlr on one end and an RCA to the other.   It is a lot simpler to go from XLR to XLR, but you still have to pay close attention to where that ground is going, and getting the right cable/shielding to do it properly.

Later on if you want to get cables that  go from XLR to RCA you can measure exactly what you need and get them custom made, or order pre-made lengths.  There are a few sources listed on here, but you will want to check that they make XLR to RCA.  There are a lot of great cable makers that go from RCA to RCA and XLR to XLR but for some reason they have a lot of trouble going from one type of end to the other.  It is probably the people they hire to do it are used to doing one type and proceed without asking questions.

Markertech makes those cables in various lengths.

Others with DX38 can chime in if they are running cables that go from xlr to rca, or using barrel adapters and going RCA to RCA.  Cornman has a balanced preamp I recall so he didn't need some of those adapters.

Are you in Dallas area?

• Like 2

• Moderators

There is link to Markertek where I did a search for "XLR to RCA" adapater.  They are not actually cheaper like I thought, this is because they are selling the higher end pre-made brands that are used in the recording/broadcasting industry.

http://audio-video-supply.markertek.com/search?w=xlr+to+rca++adaptor&sitepref=1

• Like 1

• Moderators

Here is photo of rear panel, you need 4 adapters XLR female and 2 XLR male, all rca female if I am looking at the right, but you need someone to confirm this.

EDIT:   rechecked this looking at the photo of the real panel I attached, and it is in fact, 4 XLR female to RCA female adapters and 2 XLR male to RCA female adapters.

post-13028-0-65240000-1445910235_thumb.j

Edited by dwilawyer

Try studio wiring .com... The guy is awesome!!!! He is very reasonable and fast. If you get him in the mood he will tell you some awesome stories. He has wired up houses and studios for lots of famous acts and execs.... He is the BEST!!!!

Take it for what it is worth, if he is good enough for Barbara Streisand's, and Bruce Springsteen's personal home studios, and cost much less than the "guitar center"  I would take that bet..... But then again, cables are just cables....  and what I have said is just hearsay....