1966 Khorns $2150 Chicago

ZEUS121996

Designer model finished black. 

Likely re-veneered at some point.

I don't believe any of the D models had the B style collar on them.

Judging by the black finish still on the backs, those speakers might have been pretty rough before the new veneer.

Edited by Gorm

So I sent him an email

"I see on CL you have a pair of Klipsch for sale. I’m interested, can you tell me who veneered them? And have they been exposed to moisture, they look to have some damage"

If they are decorators, then someone built top hats and added grills, or maybe I'm wrong?

Mark

Jim

Maybe, I guess he could pull the top hats off and put them in the cab, unless he doesnt have a full load and then he could put them in the back.

I still am missing something, If they are decorators, then someone built top hats and added grills, or maybe I'm wrong?

Mark

If they are decorators, then someone built top hats and added grills, or maybe I'm wrong?

Correct -- someone built the top hats and added the grills.  They are close, but not exactly the same as factory.

I don't get the feel this is a scam as it appears you can see the speakers before purchase.  However, I would be a bit curious about the condition.  The veneer looks to be nice though.

He is a friend of mine and can be trusted. I have bought several items from his eBay auctions over the years.

John Via is located in Murfreesboro Tennessee and has been selling what I call "estate finds" for over a decade. See his feedback. If anyone wants to pony up some gas money I would be happy to go check them out. I live 1.5 hours away.

Just my 42 cents. ..

• Like 1

Maybe if everyone just writes me and ask the speculation can end? Jeeesh? And what, if you don't make up some exotic history they can't be real? Some I guess would prefer a good lie than honest truth. And thanks john(fan4fan) for vouching for me.

So here is the deal. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, the speakers were probably veneered at the factory, it's closely matched and well done, you never know really, but none of us were there. Part of why they are call decorator series, just takes a little research. There is not any water damage, there is a lot of dust on the backsides Everything on them is functions as it should. They sound wonderful. They are listed in Chicago and Dallas as I am from Chicago and go there often, they are listed in Dallas as I am going there shortly to drop of some other audio gear and pick some up. They are also listed in Atlanta and Knoxville, you advertise stuff in order to sell it, plus trad indict is allowed on some forums, others not. I have feedback on eBay audiogon AudioAsylum audioMart and if you just google my phone number which is in every single ad i post, you will see I buy sell trade acquire look for and collect audio gear. I have personally been dealing in vintage and high end gear since 1972 in one form or another. Also, I have been a member of the Klipsch forum for years but rarely post here. I so sometimes buy and sell here, the last I believe being a pair of 1958 k horns listed in Knoxville that I acquired for a friend in Texas. Anything else, just ask, it's quicker.