Mass Killings - You Get What You Want in Society

Jim Naseum

Ft. Hood shooting. Military base... Hmm I wonder if there are any trained marksmen there with access to weapons? Damn.... If only a good guy with access to a gun was there on a MILITARY BASE!!!

they shot his *** as soon as they could or more would have died. Thank god the good guys had guns
this is ludicrous- gun nuts skill skip over the point. I thought good guys with guns on site would prevent the shootings?

I thought gun free zones were the problem?!

guns prevented more deaths there. Plain n simple. As it would in any situation. I do not own a gun, I do own common sense. Name the gun law that will stop crazy people? Edited by vindeville
  • Like 2

Both have rampant poverty, drug crime problems, and Chicago has mental health facilities that closed down under Reagan.

If nuclear warfare is scary, and we know it kills a huge amount of people very easily.. Why then does the entire civilized world worry about disarming and decommissioning nuclear warheads? So here, a tool of death is tried to be eradicated if the owner (the country) isn't stable and pass muster. And the ones that already have nukes think they should be allowed to keep them?

We preach to every country about their nukes when we have used ours! .... I see similarities there to the gun debate... But our society is too immature to come up with a way to protect its citizens. Maybe because gun death is big business!!? $ 229,000,000,000 a year.

That's right... Billion.

That's a lot of medicine, band aids, hospital bills, bullets, and more guns for people to purchase to have the illusion of safety.

Ft. Hood shooting. Military base... Hmm I wonder if there are any trained marksmen there with access to weapons? Damn.... If only a good guy with access to a gun was there on a MILITARY BASE!!!

they shot his *** as soon as they could or more would have died. Thank god the good guys had guns
this is ludicrous- gun nuts still skip over the point. I thought good guys with guns on site would prevent the shootings?

Here "good guys with guns" were there and it did NOT prevent anything. Whatever the hell that is? Show me two guys with guns... Who's the good guy?

Have you ever served in the military? I'm guessing not as there are standing orders on separate storage of arms and ammunition at military bases. You will not see people serving there carrying around loaded rifles, etc..

According to the current US President the mass-murder that occurred on that horrific day at that base was merely 'workplace violence'.

• Like 2

Clearly a large portion of our members here and the public at large are completely unable to have a debate about something that is statistically fact.

Gun free zones don't cause murders- if you guys can't continue a logical debate... By reading and seeing that mass murderers don't pick their targets / location because of the location or absense of guns. They pick the location/people as targets because it has significance to them. Their old school, their workplace, A religion they hate, Girls that wouldn't date them, bullies, etc.

I can't continue to argue with people who are too dense to even listen.

I asked for any statistics or cases where a good guy with a gun stopped a mass murder...

I did however provide multiple articles that show that isn't possible.. Because they do not exist.

Guns, by trained professionals to respond were the saving grace in each instance.

So.... I'm bowing out of this "debate" Because it's making my eyeball get a headache from stupidity, arrogance, and the inability for factual dialogue to take place.

• Like 1

It might be an Illusion of safety--but if a guy was coming through my door --- to do God knows what--to my Family

it will be an "Illusion" he didn't want to see---It is Not only my Right--It is my DUTY to Protect my Family.

I won't let anyone take that Right from me.  

• Like 3

Both have rampant poverty, drug crime problems, and Chicago has mental health facilities that closed down under Reagan.

If nuclear warfare is scary, and we know it kills a huge amount of people very easily.. Why then does the entire civilized world worry about disarming and decommissioning nuclear warheads? So here, a tool of death is tried to be eradicated if the owner (the country) isn't stable and pass muster. And the ones that already have nukes think they should be allowed to keep them?

We preach to every country about their nukes when we have used ours! .... I see similarities there to the gun debate... But our society is too immature to come up with a way to protect its citizens. Maybe because gun death is big business!!? $ 229,000,000,000 a year.

That's right... Billion.

That's a lot of medicine, band aids, hospital bills, bullets, and more guns for people to purchase to have the illusion of safety.

Reagan huh. Reach much, in sure that's the problem there today not ultra liberal politics. Peace through strength works with crazy people here and abroad. And were we not attacked prior to using supreme force?

this is ludicrous- gun nuts still skip over the point. I thought good guys with guns on site would prevent the shootings?

Here "good guys with guns" were there and it did NOT prevent anything. Whatever the hell that is? Show me two guys with guns... Who's the good guy?

Have you ever served in the military? I'm guessing not as there are standing orders on separate storage of arms and ammunition at military bases. You will not see people serving there carrying around loaded rifles, etc..

According to the current US President the mass-murder that occurred on that horrific day at that base was merely 'workplace violence'.

Again--- it was workplace violence... The shooting was a place of significance to the shooter. Guns Being present on a military base did not sway his decision.

• Like 1

Again--- it was workplace violence... The shooting was a place of significance to the shooter. Guns Being present on a military base did not sway his decision.

it was an inside terrorist attack by a Muslim extremist nut job. And people were not armed there enough.

Never. He's a talking head for fox "faux" "news".

I'd prefer to get my information from journalists.

My point of view is what it is. Blame it on Fox if ya want it only hurts your credibility . Typical. Your article site you referenced has some interesting sponsors by the way Edited by vindeville

7 pages of posts so far, and at least we have one solid point to conclude:  

Gun-free zones cause mass murders.

Wow.    That "conclusion" makes it clear common sense has no place in this discussion.

• Moderators

To accept your proposition that a termination of pregnancy be counted as a "death" or treated equally would require that one assume that it's availability is not protected under the Constitution. That is clearly not the case under current law. It requires a logical fiction. I don't see abortion as being related to mass shootings, but I could be wrong.

Whoa, there!

You are defending the former practice because the law protects the right to engage in it.  Yet, when taking the side of gun opponents, you are arguing that it should be against the law to have guns.  Wouldn't this position on guns, as you say, "require a logical fiction?"

How often do you Watch Bill O'Reilly ?

Not often, do you know the median age of his viewer? Way older than me.

Hello! Long time lurker. This topic has caused me to create an account and chime in.  Firstly, I have much sorrow in my heart for the mass-shootings and deaths that have plagued our country for the last few years. It is clear that something has gone wrong. What is not clear is how we address this problem. 

I'd like to start off by pointing out first that the Right to self defense is not negotiable. Period. And in this country that Right is afforded to all able bodied Men of age. So any talk to eliminate or curtail that basic human right should be off the table. Seriously, who would argue against self defensive measures?

When you are being assaulted what is the first reaction? Defense. Stop/mitigate/limit the damage. We aren't doing any of that. Instead we are bickering and arguing about guns. Which, as I just stated, is this nations chosen and well documented form of self-defense. So they aren't going away. If you want to be productive in this dilemma, provide a logical solution. All else is noise and frankly, a diversion that is keeping us from getting to the point where we can move forward with a solution to our problems. Help, or get out of the way so that we can start saving lives.

Edited by Bella
  • Like 4