New hardware

John Warren

My opinion is the whole thread come down except JW's first post.  It has the description and a link to his creation.  Kudos.  

The rest just leads into bickering and nothing to do much with the initial intent of the thread.

Edited by jwc

Lee. there wasn't anything in this thread that correlates to the older thread. In the older thread, John asked Al a question, which Al has still failed to answer. Anything Al doesn't understand is "bullshit" that he outright rejects, and his filters suffer for of it. I reported your behavior to the moderator because you and Al were acting like infants. Al was no longer banned, he could have started his own thread.

Roy, you have mail.

• Moderators

"It's like déjà vu all over again." 

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:01 AM

Dean,

I'm surprised you'd have the nerve to post a link to a ten-year-old thread which, for the most part, covers what has been discussed in this thread ad nauseam Ten years has intervened since those posts and what have you and John learned about network design? Apparently nothing as you both are bringing up the same misstatements, misconceptions and opinions.  

Back then, Al was a little more reserved in his posts and was simply trying to educate, correct your false statements/premises and set the record straight on how and why he designs his triplexers the way he does. The tenor of his latest posts are due, in part, to the fact that he's tired of explaining what you and John failed to learn ten years ago.

Now you be sure to run to the nearest Moderator and complain that Lee is picking on you again. :)

A friendly note to the powers that watch over our discourse: If calling a fellow forum member a sock puppet and posting the symbol for effyou (it's still up on the web site last time I checked) and a poor taste reference to Belle Klipsch is not an example of "condescending, rude behavior.", then this post should pass your zero tolerance sniff test.  :)

Lee

Lee,

The smiley faces don't work.  You were more arrogant and insulting in this thread than Al was, even worse you are his tool.  Which is a shame given the length of time you have been on here and the knowledge you have shared on here previous to this, without being arrogant or abusive.  Especially in the  area of reel to reel.

I don't understand the connection, or know the backstory between you, Dean, John and Al, nor do I want to know.  But it is pretty clear there is something going on there.

Dean wasn't posting 10 year old posts for the technical data in them.  He was posting it, I believe, to show that Al is still the same arrogant and abusive person he has always been and he suffers meltdowns.  There are threads from AK from 06, 07.with the same thing involving AK.  I quoted his own website where he boasts about being banned from three forums, and my understanding is it is actually more.   It has been the same thing "no one understands me."  Maybe he "just wasn't meant for these times."

He was never banned from the Klipsch forums as he states, and when he left it wasn't over Greg Roberts.  He is a Klipsch basher. pure and simple.

Now he is gone, again.  So I guess the question you probably need to be asking yourself is "am I on their radar?"  Yes, you most certainly are.  Do you care?  Time will tell..  Will you continue to defend Al 's behavior and actions or act as his conduit/proxy?  That is of course up to you.  I  would say that you are probably going to need a serous attitude adjustment if you are planning on continuing that for any significant length of time.

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Lee. there wasn't anything in this thread that correlates to the older thread. In the older thread, John asked Al a question, which Al has still failed to answer. Anything Al doesn't understand is "bullshit" that he outright rejects, and his filters suffer for of it. I reported your behavior to the moderator because you and Al were acting like infants. Al was no longer banned, he could have started his own thread.

Roy, you have mail.

He was never banned EDIT in 2006..  He "resigned."  It wasn't about Greg Roberts.  It was about Trey Cannon and Roy. 

EDIT:  Apparently he is banned now so he can stay true to his web page and NEVER be tempted to post in another audio forum again, where the  blind lead the blind.  Which is Biblical don't you know.

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

Dean,

You wrote: "Lee, There isn't anything in this thread that correlates to the older thread."

Well, let's see; on March 22, 2005 you were still questioning how Al's swamping resistor worked by writing," Al, can I play Angel's Advocate here? The resistor across taps 0 and 5 on the autotransformer -- what is the difference between putting it there, or at the amp's outputs, or the speaker's input terminals (it is after all, input to ground). Power is "wasted" to flatten the impedance -- I mean, that's what swamping resistors do. By adding it into the network, it's probably adding an additional 3 to 6db of insertion loss (as compared to the AA)." 

And the next day, I'll be darn if  you didn't post a link to John Murphy, just like you did on October 14, 2015.

Shall I find more citations from your ten-year-old posts that don't correlate with the current thread?

Despite the many hours Al spent with you patiently explaining his microwave filter-based approach to network design, the how and why of a swamping resistor, how two diplexers could form a bandpass filter, why minimizing driver overlap is a good thing, as well as other "basic" filter knowledge, you still seem to reject all that design know-how and praise a low order filter's ability to allow more than one driver to radiate the same program material.

I'd include helpful links for you to explore here, but it would be a waste of time.

For the Gentle Reader who has not opened the 10-year-old link Dean provided, it'll be the best explanation of how and why Al designs his networks.

Lee

• Moderators
Shall I find more citations from your ten-year-old posts that don't correlate with the current thread?

You don't really want to be doing that, because I will be posting all of  the ten year old threads from AK where he had a melt down over there. 

Like I said in my first post in this thread, because I knew where  it was probably going, the internet is a very unforgiving medium.  It is permanent unless the owner of the posts decides to delete it. 

Lee, here is a hint.  It is not JW, it is not Dean.  It is not Klipsch. 

• Like 1

Here is what we have to say. This is John Warren's thread. If you disagree with him take it to PM. This thread is closed to those who want to "thread crap". If you choose to continue warning points will be issued.

Christy, you know that I respect you and the rest of the moderator team, and....Chad too....if I have to....joking, joking!!

But seriously, couldn't the moderators have said just what I quoted above long, long ago before all of this got so out of hand?  The argument of "but there's just so much great technical info here"  really doesn't wash when along with that "great info" come insults, condescension, and comments regarding someone's supposed education, lack of intelligence or....worse yet....the understanding of how networks, REALLY WORK..... I would have liked to learn something, or perhaps better understand the functionality of my crossovers, but I was turned off with all of the bullshit that was hurled back and forth because these guys can't agree on DESIGN.  Can these participants believe that NASA would have been able to put a man on the moon if their engineers had acted they way they did, and refused to listen to other educated opinions regarding DESIGN?  And that's what it is, just another way of doing something.  Not necessarily the way that you might do it, or the way that you might like it, but just another way to accomplish something that at least gets close to the intended result.

And, by the way, isn't the intended result to make music sound better?  Isn't music supposed to bring us happiness and joy, make us feel good, or perhaps reminisce and give us pause to reflect?

Or, is it to argue that I am right and you are absolutely wrong, and you will never understand?  If you want to continue to argue and belittle others within this realm, then I think you've lost touch with what music is all about.

This thread was very informative. The most important thing I learned (based on how they conducted themselves)... is who I would send my $$$ to. And who I would not.  

Order something: Some of these guys may have too much free time on their hands.  :ph34r:

Re-read the entire thread and decided to take my own sound advice and order something from a Klipsch after-market maker:

Bob Crites.  Bob, as usual, wins 1st place in the Civil Department. Even when he doesn't post stuff.  ;)

• Like 2

Jim,

I was out of town and was not aware of the behavior being displayed in this thread until my first post a few days ago. My deepest apologies to all involved.

No need to apologize at all.  I know that there are other mod's that are being paid some healthy coin to keep an eye out too....

• Moderators

Jim,

I was out of town and was not aware of the behavior being displayed in this thread until my first post a few days ago. My deepest apologies to all involved.

No need to apologize at all.  I know that there are other mod's that are being paid some healthy coin to keep an eye out too....

Wow! They get paid to do this? Lol