Rodney Newton's Mother Passes Away

Mallette

Those who went to last year's April Hope Klipsch Employee Appreciation Day event certainly know Rodney Newton.  Some may have met his mother, a genuine example of a Southern lady and one you immediately felt good around. 

She passed away today in Texarkana and I was on the line being informed of her condition with Christy at the moment it occurred.  Of course, services have not been announced yet but some of us believe it fitting and proper to send a floral tribute to her services in the name of the Klipsch Forums.  If another form of tribute is preferred we will act in accordance with family wishes. 

Rodney's Place is, of course, the venue for next years even larger gathering and likely for years to come.  While Rodney isn't a Forum participant, he is one of us and treats us like family.  We are family and should respond accordingly. 

I've been asked to accept PayPal donations for this purpose and you may do so via damallette@mallette.org

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Dave, please verify the link for donations. Let me know if we need a Paypal account.  I would be happy to accept the donations if necessary.  Thank you for posting this for me.  

Everyone referred to Rodney's mother as Ninny.  She was in fact a remarkable, loving, wonderful woman.  She and several friends of hers prepared all the wonderful desserts for our forum gathering this past April.  She had been ill for quite some time, but her death was rather untimely.  

We would genuinely appreciate any all donations as soon as we can figure out the Paypal account information.  Rodney has received approval and proper permits to establish a cemetery on his 610 acre farm.  Elden and I had made a sign for the entrance way to the cemetery and presented it to Rodney and his mother on one of our previous visits.  She will be buried on the family farm.

Again, we appreciate all donations, will get appropriate Paypal info posted and as always, your funds will be used in a manner suited for the occasion.  Thank you all.

Christy

• Like 2

Dave, please verify the link for donations. Let me know if we need a Paypal account.  I would be happy to accept the donations if necessary.  Thank you for posting this for me.  

Everyone referred to Rodney's mother as Ninny.  She was in fact a remarkable, loving, wonderful woman.  She and several friends of hers prepared all the wonderful desserts for our forum gathering this past April.  She had been ill for quite some time, but her death was rather untimely.  

We would genuinely appreciate any all donations as soon as we can figure out the Paypal account information.  Rodney has received approval and proper permits to establish a cemetery on his 610 acre farm.  Elden and I had made a sign for the entrance way to the cemetery and presented it to Rodney and his mother on one of our previous visits.  She will be buried on the family farm.

Again, we appreciate all donations, will get appropriate Paypal info posted and as always, your funds will be used in a manner suited for the occasion.  Thank you all.

Christy

you folks are cool.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Dave,

Thank you again for handling this.  I can not possibly tell all of you how much Rodney means to those of us that have come to know him.  He is overly generous to those he knows, almost to a fault.  

This is one of the few ways we can let him and his family know how much they all mean to us.

BigStewMan, we appreciate the kudos.

I think through the years most of you have come to realize all of you are family to us, Rodney, his family and his friends are no exception.  We are always welcomed with open arms when we make the trips to his place in Bodcaw.  He has about twelve "regulars", which are actually his close friends that show up every evening around 5 or 6.  Dtel and I are now considered regulars also, which we regard as a privilege.  These are some of the most amazing people we have ever met.  

Those of you that have met Rodney and his friends, I am sure will agree that the friendship and hospitality they offer are second to none.

Thank all of you for your contributions, it will mean a lot to Rodney, his family and his "regulars"!

Christy