Feeler and advice

imahawki78

Not sure if this kind of post is allowed here.  Hopefully I'm not running afoul of any rule.  I'm looking to make some upgrades and am looking to sell the following at some point in the near future:

Pair RF-82 II

Single RC-62 II

Pair RS-52 II

Pair RS-42 II

I have all the original packaging for all of these speakers so in theory I could ship them.  Because I'm anal about my gear, they are all in "as new" condition.  The way I see it I have three options.

1) List them locally which means probably not getting the best price per se.

2) List them on eBay and let the market determine their value.

3) List them here and try to strike a fair price with an actual Klipsch enthusiast.

I guess a side question would be if I should list it as a whole set or break them up.

• Moderators

Your questions are not out of line.  I'm not as familiar with pricing on the newer II series speakers.  I would recommend searching for each speaker with the Advanced Search on Ebay and checking the box that says "Sold Listings".   It doesn't do much good to look at auction listings because there is no guarantee they will sell.  This will show you how much a speaker actually did sell for.  You can add the shipping cost onto the price as the buyer was actually willing to pay for the cost of the speaker plus the cost of the shipping.

Another thing is to search for those models on Search Tempest.  This will let you do a nationwide search on Craigslist to see what others have their speakers listed for.  This doesn't tell you necessarily an accurate market value but it will give you an idea of what others are asking for theirs.

As far as whole set or break them up, you will likely sell them quicker if you are willing to separate the system.  You will likely get more if you sell them individually.  I know when I buy a "Lot" or an entire "System", people generally think "Package Discount".

• Like 2

I'm looking to make some upgrades and am looking to sell the following at some point in the near future: Pair RF-82 II Single RC-62 II Pair RS-52 II Pair RS-42 II

Of course there are "upgrades" from the RF-82II HT system but you have yourself a pretty rockin system.

What are you thinking to move up to?

Bill

I think the surrounds might go a little higher on eBay based on SOLD listings.  Especially with boxes and all original packaging materials.  But your estimates are damn close.

yeah his estimates are spot on unless you find the right buyer. i myself have better luck selling full sets. however parting stuff moves faster if priced to sell. goldenears will be a 180 from where you are as far as sound. i have some similar style speakers coming in the mail myself to play with for a little bit