new pro series

Paducah Home Theater

No horn...silk dome tweeters...if they didn't have a Klipsch logo, I wouldn't have guessed they were a Klipsch product.

I was told they came from a well known and well respected speaker design group. A name was dropped but I didn't exactly write it down.

No horn...silk dome tweeters...if they didn't have a Klipsch logo, I wouldn't have guessed they were a Klipsch product.

I was told they came from a well known and well respected speaker design group. A name was dropped but I didn't exactly write it down.

Is Klipsch outsourcing speaker design?

What am I looking at here?

In wall?

Were these designed for a retail setting rather than a commercial theater setting?

They have in-walls in this same line but this is a ceiling speaker. And yeah I think they should be perfect for Atmos.

Klipsch + silk dome + co-axial ........so, when can we see the return (and possibly improvement) of the Rebel KSS-2? :emotion-55:

Ya know, something with spiffy AcoustiComp® housings like the Quintet V perhaps? :wink: :wink:

Seriously, Klipsch needs to bring these things back. Installers would go "ga ga" for them.

product_341339.jpg

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

This is Klipsch's marketing mumbo jumbo regarding the silk tweets:

"The silk dome high frequency driver of the 6000 series offers all of the benefits of the titanium counterparts of the 4000 series with a noticeably smoother, more balanced reproduction, particularly in the upper vocal range of 2kHz – 8Khz. This results in a warm, natural, and lifelike sound while still displaying the exceptional dynamics and power inherent in a Klipsch speaker."

I guess the titanium tweets in the Palladium line just can't hang with these new silk jobs...

• Like 1

"The silk dome high frequency driver of the 6000 series offers all of the benefits of the titanium counterparts of the 4000 series with a noticeably smoother, more balanced reproduction, particularly in the upper vocal range of 2kHz – 8Khz. This results in a warm, natural, and lifelike sound while still displaying the exceptional dynamics and power inherent in a Klipsch speaker."

I guess the titanium tweets in the Palladium line just can't hang with these new silk jobs...

Does kinda make you wonder, if they're that awesome, and more noticeably smoother and balanced... why not just put them on everything.  I guess you're inherently limited in budget ceiling speakers though, there's no room for a big horn and nice compression driver.  I just think they worded it funny that makes you think that they're saying it's smoother than most everything and not just the reference ceiling speakers.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Does kinda make you wonder, if they're that awesome, and more noticeably smoother and balanced... why not just put them on everything.

It's just the marketing inconsistency that drives me nuts. I'm sure each driver design has its place and can sound excellent when properly incorporated into a speaker.