Driver info?

DPonder

If anyone has been reading the threads you may know I have to replace a couple of drivers. My Q is on the driver magnet there is a sticker, it reads K-30-KN / 121213. In the parts list they list the K-30-KN with a part no. 121221. Is this the same driver or just a different part number now that they are out of circulation? And I know there are three different revisions of the EPICS. I believe this is pair is from the last revision S/N 212596879 & 212596880. I would like to know exactly what the changes were from one rev. to another. These are EPIC CF4's were discussing.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

• Klipsch Employees

There were 3-4 "running changes" in the epic line. What you have is one of the early woofers. You may be lucky and find that part number still in stock. The way to find out is call customer service (1-800-554-7724) and ask if they can still order that number.

Your woofer has a little heavier cone than the new woofer. The port length was cut in halve and a network change was made.

If you go to the new woofers, change networks and shorten the port.

If you can get the older woofer, do that. It makes the repair easier.

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

• Like 1

So do the new woofers perform as good as the old ones? If I cut the port in half it'll be in the baffle. What if I just changed drivers and leave the network? How will this change the performance?

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300