Might be hearing my Jub clone bins and K402's today!

juniper

Good luck with the move upstairs and firing them up. 

When I built mine I used MDF rather than plywood. Right there is a 30% increase in weight. They can be very heavy beasts. Mine have been undergoing some extensive  cosmetic upgrades and I have not been listening to them. I am almost done but life keeps getting in the way. 

Let us know how it goes and good luck,

-Tom

• Like 1

It's about time :o  :D

I was going to say, haven't you had those a while.

I cant say to much, I am going on two years since I built the second Jamboree, which I am finally starting this weekend.

When I built mine I used MDF rather than plywood. Right there is a 30% increase in weight. They can be very heavy beasts. Mine have been undergoing some extensive  cosmetic upgrades and I have not been listening to them. I am almost done but life keeps getting in the way. 

-Tom

I to will be using MDF to keep cost low, I can only imagine how much they will weight.

-Tom

Wow 30% more that's insane!!!! These are 13ply B.B. and seem heavy, couldn't imagine carrying yours, but I bet they sound great!!!!

Yeah you are right!!!! I think it's just life.... we Americans get soooo busy.....

Pat, yes Americans are busy and the summer got away from me.  Are you settled into a new Place?  After you get your system set up, I would like to hear it. I am still running the same system as when you where here.

After months of sitting in my basement, and dreading moving the clone bins that weight well over 200lbs, two gentlemen are coming over to help me move them upstairs. I cant wait to hear these beasts!!!! Should be interesting......

Pictures or it didn't happen....

After months of sitting in my basement, and dreading moving the clone bins that weight well over 200lbs, two gentlemen are coming over to help me move them upstairs. I cant wait to hear these beasts!!!! Should be interesting......

Pictures or it didn't happen....

It didn't HAPPEN!!! Didn't realize there is a huge 3" deep puddle in front of my pole barn door where my current set up has to go. I ve been working on new exterior drain tile, and the excavation has upset the surface around some parts of the house because of compaction... Will try as soon as it dries out....

Yeah you are right!!!! I think it's just life.... we Americans get soooo busy.....

Pat, yes Americans are busy and the summer got away from me.  Are you settled into a new Place?  After you get your system set up, I would like to hear it. I am still running the same system as when you where here.

Kev hope all is well!!! when its set up of course you can stop out... Not even close to being settled, A lot of work will have to be done in the spring... They are funny about some projects in the valley, inspectors and all.. The first step will be exterior waterproofing which has turned into a major project, I have had to move from around my foundation at least 700 rocks some as heavy as a small car, 75 or more in the 250lb range. They do look cool though!

Edited by juniper

Finally!!! have them in the house!!! I cant believe how heavy these things are, and awkward too carry. I think 1.5" motorboard and 13ply B.B makes them so. Moving my model 19's was so easy in comparison, they felt like bookshelf speakers. Sadly the passives I have might need a cap change. These came with BC's Jubilee bass bin xovers and a modified type e crossover for the highs, that has 2 13uf caps on each board and the 2516 autoformers are disconnected.  I think these were designed for an 8ohm driver, this is lame!!! I wanna hear these things badly!!!

Edited by juniper
  • Like 1

Finally!!! have them in the house!!! I cant believe how heavy these things are, and awkward too carry. I think 1.5" motorboard and 13ply B.B makes them so. Moving my model 19's was so easy in comparison, they felt like bookshelf speakers. Sadly the passives I have might need a cap change. These came with BC's Jubilee bass bin xovers and a modified type e crossover for the highs, that has 2 13uf caps on each board and the 2516 autoformers are disconnected.  I think these were designed for an 8ohm driver, this is lame!!! I wanna hear these things badly!!!

When your back recovers, we would all like to see some pictures.

Good Luck,

-Tom

• Moderators

When I built mine I used MDF rather than plywood. Right there is a 30% increase in weight. They can be very heavy beasts. Mine have been undergoing some extensive cosmetic upgrades and I have not been listening to them. I am almost done but life keeps getting in the way.

-Tom

You have a recent photo of those? Would be interesting to see.

When I built mine I used MDF rather than plywood. Right there is a 30% increase in weight. They can be very heavy beasts. Mine have been undergoing some extensive cosmetic upgrades and I have not been listening to them. I am almost done but life keeps getting in the way.

-Tom

You have a recent photo of those? Would be interesting to see.

Probably in the next week or two. They will be an unconventional look.

• 1 month later...

Well after all this time I finally have heard what all the fuss is about as far as Jubs, clones and the k402. These speakers aren't like anything I have heard, and I have heard some  respectable gear. The bass is so clean and tight it makes your jaw drop. The sound stage is open and airy yet they still image well, even in a small space.  I was afraid they wouldn't image like I like, being I have spent the majority of my listening life listening to studio monitors. Now I have only listened to them for about 2 hours and they are no where near where they need to be, the top end is too hot and the upper mids are a little raspy, but so far I am AMAZED. As far as gear that I am using, a Panasonic saxr 55 through the front speaker channels, for the k402s, and a Yamaha Mx1000 for the bass bins, an HK cd player for a pre, and a dx38 with factory settings. In short they are polite, clean, crisp and powerful with the least amount of distortion I have heard from a speaker even though I have a pesky hum....  The speaker ride has finally ended, except for maybe some tad drivers. Thanks to all of you, and a special thanks, to those who have been involved with this design, and those who have explained it and have pushed it..

• Like 2