Klipsch atmos speakers - in ceiling - what should I get?

lightsolutions

Hey,

Still deciding what atmos speakers I should get. I can definitely go in ceiling which is a plus.

Does anyone have any experience with any in ceiling speakers.

I'm thinking about getting th CDT-5800c-ii

I will have the front half of the system as Rf-7ii and rc-64ii.

Surrounds as Rs-52ii rear surround and Rs-62ii as side surrounds.

Planning for a 7.2.4 setup

Cheers

Thanks fuzzydog! I actually just came across this before you posted. Your setup is actually very close in what I want to create. I was thinking maybe the cdt5650's recently as the woofer size will match the centre and side surrounds. Was there any particular reason you went the cdt5650s instead of the model up, the cdt5800's?

Did you end up finding a suitable amp to drive the 11 channels? That's on my list atm

Cheers

Thanks fuzzydog! I actually just came across this before you posted. Your setup is actually very close in what I want to create. I was thinking maybe the cdt5650's recently as the woofer size will match the centre and side surrounds. Was there any particular reason you went the cdt5650s instead of the model up, the cdt5800's?

Did you end up finding a suitable amp to drive the 11 channels? That's on my list atm

Cheers

I just didn't think there would be an audible difference. They will be crossed over at 80 hz or higher so i wouldn't need the extra low frequency extension of the 5800. They two models are also very close in sensitivity and have the same tweeter.

I'm still trying to figure of the best amplification for my system.

• Like 1

Cheers

I just didn't think there would be an audible difference. They will be crossed over at 80 hz or higher so i wouldn't need the extra low frequency extension of the 5800. They two models are also very close in sensitivity and have the same tweeter.

I'm still trying to figure of the best amplification for my system.

Thanks fuzzydog! I'll check the pricing for 5650's and might go that route :) thanks for the advice.

Cheers