Beyma Horn Tweeters?

Wolfbane

Anyone have or heard these in their Klipsch Heritage speakers?

For specs on these see: http://www.usspeaker.com/beyma%20tpl150h-1.htm

Kind of pricey for tweeters but a friend of mine is the new XXXXX distributor of Beyma including Beyma Tweeters.

Edited to revise link to a webpage with Tweeter specs.

Edited by Wolfbane

Some how... In the back of my mind... I knew the sales pitch was coming sooner than later.

I'm not selling anything here, or advocating the sale of anything. To you or anyone else.

Link above revised to a US webpage with tweeter specs.

I'm not affiliated with anyone/organization selling anything audio.

Wow tweeter with BERYLLIUM DIAPHRAGM and a low XO point

The above link says "HIGH FREQUENCY REPRODUCTION SIMILAR TO THAT OF A BERYLLIUMDIAPHRAGM WITH A SMOOTHER SOUND"

Diaphram is Kapton acording to Beyma site.

http://www.beyma.com/products/diapharagmtweeters/1TPL15H8

miketn

Usually kapton or mylar with foil traces like a pseudo ribbon.

The Beyma CP 25 tweeter is what Greg Roberts uses in his K'horn/Belle/La Scala upgrades. With the K'horn and Belle, he incorporates the tweeter box into the squawked horn assembly:

http://www.klipschupgrades.com/bellevtrac.shtml

With the La Scala, he builds a separate tweeter box to sit on top of the speaker box:

http://www.klipschupgrades.com/lascalaupgrades2.shtml

Yes, they're not cheap, but neither are the BMS midrange drivers he uses. I believe these are the same he uses in his high-end Volti speakers to great effect. In this case, you may actually get what you pay for.

Edited by spezjag
  • Like 1

Guest David H
Yes, they're not cheap, but neither are the BMS midrange drivers he uses. I believe these are the same he uses in his high-end Volti speakers to great effect. In this case, you may actually get what you pay for.

Greg does use the Beyma CP-25, but not the TPL-150 or 200.

I believe the TPL-150 and 200's are horn loaded air motion transformers. They are pleated ribbon diaphragms like Oscar Heil designs.

Edited by GotHover

I'd pay a little attention to the sensitivity of these "trough horn" type polymer diaphragm tweeters (102 dB/1 watt/1 m) --that's low compared to the others.  You'll have to do a little crossover tweaking in your stock crossovers (or upgrades) to accommodate it by removing impedance or resistance elements--which is probably a complete redesign of your (likely) passive HF crossover network.

Also, if you noticed all the graphs, this is a collapsing polar tweeter due in all probability to its line source-type design.  That's not a characteristic that I'd prefer in a tweeter--having gotten used to the sound of a K-402 over these many years.

Chris

Edited by Chris A

Greg does use the Beyma CP-25, but not the TPL-150 or 200.

I believe the TPL-150 and 200's are horn loaded air motion transformers. They are pleated ribbon diaphragms like Oscar Heil designs.

Sounds like 'Heil Oscar!' - a ridiculous an annual celebration at Oscar's favorite Beer Hall and some goose-stepping is called for here!!  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

This guy made me write this > :emotion-14:  That, and the thought of spending $900 on tweeters!

Edited by Wolfbane

Guest David H
I'd pay a little attention to the sensitivity of these "trough horn" type polymer diaphragm tweeters (102 dB/1 watt/1 m) --that's low compared to the others.

The TPL-200 is 104db and $1200 a pair.   :wacko:

Guest David H

The CP 25's at $110-$120 a piece, may be the best bang for the buck out there.  They need to be attenuated a bit, -3 to -5, but they bring a lot to the table.

cp25.gif

Really?  I didn't care much for it.

The old JBL it replaced was far better.

Because I build and sell wood lenses I cant comment too much, but I prefer to listen to mylar diaphragms.

Dave

The CP25 needs to be EQed carefully - it has a hill and valley in the FR curve in the 4-12 kHz region.

Once you do that, it's a good tweeter, IMHO, especially in terms of polar coverage and value for money.

Edited by Chris A