Two channel moment 40 years in the making

cincymat

I recently refurbished a pair of La Scala Industrial Splits. There's a thread about all that In the technical/modifications section. Today my wife decided to listen to the result of my labors. She loved hearing the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, and whatever else I could come up with as long as it was loud. Said it was the best set of speakers we've ever owned. I was shocked. She's really never shown much interest in my music hobby. And I've known her since 1975.

She even thought my stories about PWK were interesting.

What's up with that?

Mark

• Like 6

I recently refurbished a pair of La Scala Industrial Splits. There's a thread about all that In the technical/modifications section. Today my wife decided to listen to the result of my labors. She loved hearing the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, and whatever else I could come up with as long as it was loud. Said it was the best set of speakers we've ever owned. I was shocked. She's really never shown much interest in my music hobby. And I've known her since 1975.

She even thought my stories about PWK were interesting.

What's up with that?

Mark

Looks like its time for a pair of Danley J1  :ph34r:  :o

Yep they can surprise us at times, My wife has done the same thing a couple times after years of showing ZERO interest, Careful we dont create monsters  :D

If that ever happens here, it would be in place of the 'suggestions' I get from mine on turning down the volume, using headphones or selling some of that old tube junk and those huge ugly speakers. 

At that point its noise cancelling headphone time.  ;)

Here's an update. My wife was out of town for business last week. So I installed some updated components: 

New crossover networks, from DeanG

Dual phase plug, solder lug K55V's, also from DeanG

Eliptrac BE120 tweeters, from Dave at Fastlane

EZ -Braces for the bass bins, also from Dave at Fastlane

And

My wife buys me a Marantz CD6005 player for my birthday. 

She listens to the CD player for the first time yesterday. Tells me the new CD player sure makes the La Scala's really sound much better than before. I say, "Thanks for the new CD player, it sure does sound great." 

I'm a bad boy.  :rolleyes:

Mark

Edited by cincymat