Hard decision between RF82 and RP280 (Update)

grandcarrera

Excellent!! Congrats. If I was starting fresh with towers, I would grab the 280FA's myself. They are the best towers available with integrated Atmos elevation speakers, no question. Look forward to your impressions. What AVR do you have (or plan to have)?

• Like 1

Excellent!! Congrats. If I was starting fresh with towers, I would grab the 280FA's myself. They are the best towers available with integrated Atmos elevation speakers, no question. Look forward to your impressions. What AVR do you have (or plan to have)?

I got Onkyo 646 at best best for 599$

Edited by grandcarrera

I got Onkyo 646 at best best for 599$

Nice! You have both DTS:X & Atmos covered. Plus.... HDCP 2.2

Have fun with setup! 

• 2 weeks later...

For Klipsch RP-250S should i mount it to the wall at the ear level or put it the the top on the wall ?

Definitely don't put them at the top of the wall. Most people go a little above ear level which is the traditional 7 channel surround recommendations, but the new Atmos specs say to put them at the same height as the mains, and no higher than halfway up your wall. It seems that most people are still elevating them a little though.

For Klipsch RP-250S should i mount it to the wall at the ear level or put it the the top on the wall ?

Definitely don't put them at the top of the wall. Most people go a little above ear level which is the traditional 7 channel surround recommendations, but the new Atmos specs say to put them at the same height as the mains, and no higher than halfway up your wall. It seems that most people are still elevating them a little though.

Thank you. I just wondering because even at the store when they have klipsch demo they have the surround speak up on the top of the wall

How would you describe 2 front DAES if they were embedded in the ceiling?

No.... its an acronym like NRA. (just pronounce the letters, not pronounced as a "word")

Acronym is a series of initials that make up another word. NATO, RAM, SCUBA, LASER, JAMA, Etc etc

Initialism is a series of initials that don't make a word. FBI, CIA, DVD, CD, etc etc.

And if it's just a shortened version of a word.. Like etcetera becoming etc. that's just an abbreviation

:)