Suggestions...SVS PB/PC2000 or Klipsch R-115SW

stygz

If I have $600 to spend, DIY all the way!  There is a slight output difference with a rear vs front firing ported sub. It has to do with which direction the port is located and where the close mic measurement are done.  For most of us sitting more than a meter away, the real world difference is nil.

• Like 1

If I have $600 to spend, DIY all the way!  There is a slight output difference with a rear vs front firing ported sub. It has to do with which direction the port is located and where the close mic measurement are done.  For most of us sitting more than a meter away, the real world difference is nil.

Not sure about a DIY project... but, I would consider HDDIFY (Have Derrick do it for you).  :D

=============

What are your thoughts on downward -firing subs? Any thing funky to consider or compensate for? Or omni-directional is still omni-directional?

From an engineering point, down firing is better than front or rear firing.  some of the harmonic dissipate in the down firing configurationa and slightly cleaner sound.  But, in the small HT, omni directional rules unless you are using a subwoofer array.

• Like 1

Ordered the PC2000 today. Should be in Wednesday just like the replacement sublink. They were great to work with. I was given a 5% off repeat customer discount also. For those who have never did the SVS trade up it seems pretty easy. Basically they give you their discounted shipping rate to send the old sub back (in this case $30). I get a call tag and they set up a pick up time from my house. I also pay the discounted shipping rate of the new sub (PC2000 $40).

I talked to Denon and no real answer why the 2100 was acting up. However, the wifi worked perfect today.

The trade-up option within SVS would be the way to go. SVS is easy to work with & that route offers the best bang for your buck.  1 sub, with corner placement & small footprint should make both you & the wife happy. Look forward to your impression of the cylinder sub.

• Like 1

Ordered the PC2000 today. Should be in Wednesday just like the replacement sublink. 

You won't be disappointed.

I got a PC2000 earlier this year. On the Skyfall BluRay, the scene where the subway train falls through the ceiling of the reservoir below, the SVS sub, which is in the front corner, first the vertical blinds started shaking, then the SVS literally parted the floor to ceiling blinds for a few seconds. You could feel the sub-bass ripple right through the floor and body. You should have seen the look on my wife's face!!! Then the smile and look of surprise on her face disappeared as she turned and said "IS THAT WHAT YOU SPENT ALL THAT $$$ ON?"

LMAO

Glad to learn I'm still on "view mode". :) 

I just thought it was interesting that with all the subs SVS sells, that they chose to ship the Cylinder subs with the Isolation feet as OEM. Must be that the Cylinder subs are ported on the bottom? And thereby require the gap or extra space from the floor that the Isolation feet provide?

That makes sense (kinda obvious now, lol). When I initially checked the PC-13... it showed 3 ports (thought they were on the bottom), but they are on top, with the driver firing downward. The PC-2000 is rear ported. Like you mentioned, some models have the ports positioned on the back, so port position will vary.

PC-13: Top Ported 

tbsles.png

PC-2000: Rear Ported

d6RiFC.png

Must be that the Cylinder subs are ported on the bottom? And thereby require the gap or extra space from the floor that the Isolation feet provide?

Top ported, bottom/down firing driver.  There's 3 legs to hold the tube up off the bottom plate.   The feet are on the bottom of the plate.

• Like 1

PC-2000 is the only updated one. Top cap to give a couple

Finish options to match their speakers. My guess would

Be they put the feet on there to make the PC-2000 the same price as the pb-2000. Cause the cylinder version has always been cheaper. That evens it up.

• Like 1