Jamboree build thread

Arash

One more.  As was switching things around last it dawned on me.  I had the sub on the whole time.  So I decided to take one with out the sub.  Red is no sub blue is sub crossed at 80hz. 

I have taken the same measurements with the TTLS.  This was with the Danely Spud clone I built.  To be honest, I don't think one needs a sub, maybe a little equing to fine tune this beast.  After all of this, I have decided, since I originally purchased three cast frame woofers from Crites.  I will be using those on my L/C/R.  I will sell off the K33bs with the Jamboree. 

The only down fall about the Jamborette, is the height.  I like the little extra height to put the sound a little over the front row to reach the back of the room.  However at this height, things are about perfect for the listeners in the first row. 

Now time to fine tune things at the sweet spot.

post-27403-0-03340000-1454789577_thumb.j

• Like 1

I modelled Jambo in Hornresp. I left the data file of it at my office PC, so wait until (European) Monday morning.

And a few hours more for Jamborette as I need to recalculate its size.

My aim is to try to predict how a faital pro 15pr400 (4ohms version) will behave in a jamborette. Edited by Zoef

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Oh I almost forgot (cos its stashed away @ a  friends place) I have a semi folded horn type speaker nut not a jamboree foot print - its rectangular - custom made by some company in TX that's a cheap rip off off this. Its complete with spray on bed liner and a eminence kappa and meant to serve as a bass bin and a pole mount base for something else.

The eminence kappa was what triggered my memory. Have to get it to my new house with the move.

Thanks.

Srinath.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was able to obtain some plans for the original Jamboree bass bin from Soniphase (the design about 5-6 iterations ago) and took a few months to build it.  I originally had Trusonic woofers installed but switched to K-33s from Kllipsch and they are much better suited to that enclosure than the Trusonics. I do have Trusonic 80Frs for midrange and  the 5kt Trusonic tweeter mounted above the bass bin. I am thrilled with the result and plan to build a second Jamboree as I have two K-33 vintage Kkipsch woofers that are working quite well and ready for that home.  My inspiration for this building came from this thread and I wish to thank everyone who has posted and kept this topic alive. Kind regards, Dan

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Good afternoon to all.
Built before Jamboree in drawings by dear Dana Moore.
I use parallel Boa speakers, in which the coil is replaced by a dealer by a standard 8 Ohm.
The panel has a slit 6 "by 13".
What noticed, the Jamboree has a special resonance of about 150 Hz and a failure of 300 Hz.
In my case, this leads to the sound of a "box", the bass plays as if on one note.
Has anyone been watching this?But how to overcome it?

Thanks for the answer.