Jamboree build thread

Arash

Would this influence the strength of the cabinet? Would think there would be a lot of pressure on that part of the cabinet. If not, every inch smaller would make higher waf. (Glad we are talking about cabinets though [emoji12] )

Edited by Zoef

Lets see what i have for pics.

I made templates, so if i build another it makes things a little easier.

8e2c3eb02d2e06aab3e3abfbf0e3a55d.jpg

6dd944bb83c52a6b9d11b96caa5b2bcc.jpg

Bracing installed, as you can see i am trying something with the bracing. Again if this works, it will make assembly alot quicker. I have a slightly larger template for the bracing. I was thinking one could router a 1/4" dado to ease assembly even more.

7f42a63a9a0bac00ba52fe878dcab4ab.jpg

Majority glued up.

16b37cc300beea6439784c343bd8f7c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very curious what the 15c's sound like in these cabinets.

Good, I do have to be honest though.  I was running one 15c in the bottom section and a k33 in the top section.  It was kind of and experiment, kind of like a hybrid.  I wanted to see how the two different drivers reacted together and what kind of frequency response I would get.  I am now curious to see how just the single 15c will be in the half size unit.  Which I should know tonight.

Good, I do have to be honest though. I was running one 15c in the bottom section and a k33 in the top section. It was kind of and experiment, kind of like a hybrid. I wanted to see how the two different drivers reacted together and what kind of frequency response I would get. I am now curious to see how just the single 15c will be in the half size unit. Which I should know tonight.
Well, if a single 15c would work it would be very nice for the "budget" [emoji56]
  • Like 1

3646ffc75bb5dab29ea05816a8bf03d5.jpg

If i look at the parameters i would think they would do fine.

(Come close to the crites)

Thing is, i don't think they will go as deep as a k33 or crites, hope i'm wrong ofcourse. (40-60hz db level)

Hmmmzz and i just remembered you are about 7 hours "behind me". (It's allready evening here.)

So i will read your findings tomorrow. [emoji3]

• Like 1

Here is a pic to put things into perspective.

5db3ded58b6bcf9e42bf7fe01b1eebf5.jpg

Far left mini Jamboree. Center is a LaScala with the P.Audio 4550 horn (i think) with the bmd 750 (k69). Far right is full size Jamboree.

Both Jamborees have the EV HP 9040 horn with the DH1A driver ( i have faital pro hf 20p to try). I love how the center channel horn is right in line with the Jamborette mid/hi horn.

Sub in the back is a spud clone. I forgot i pulled the fuse holder cap on the MC2100. Which i installed in my Peavey guitar amp, so my nephew had an amp to play his new guitar on. I will have to do some digging to see what i have, so i can get this rig up and running.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 2

Good, I do have to be honest though.  I was running one 15c in the bottom section and a k33 in the top section.  It was kind of and experiment, kind of like a hybrid.  I wanted to see how the two different drivers reacted together and what kind of frequency response I would get.  I am now curious to see how just the single 15c will be in the half size unit.  Which I should know tonight.

I found this interesting as I am sitting here listening to my Belles with a 15c in one and a k33 in the other. Trying to decide if I want new 15c's in my Belles or my recued LaScalas. I traded two relatively new k33s out of the LSs with a forum member for two new 15c's since he wanted all Klipsch.

• Like 1

I've got to say I am not that impressed.  However there are a few things to take into consideration.  I have some tweaking to do and would like to swap sides with the Jamboree.  I also have to remember that this is half the size, so what does that make the bass output down 3 db?