Craziness in Toronto baseball

jimjimbo

hehehe yeah, them Canadians are going wild!  And I thought the Mets fans were rabid!

American NHL teams are actually 'Canadian Teams' and Canadian Pro Baseball Teams are actually 'American Teams'. Probably a good thing that hockey sticks are much thinner than bats too and most Canadian's play hockey.

Things could get bloody.  ;)

Still no 'warning points'... and this makes 200 posts!!

Next topic: Religion!! 'The drug of the masses'!  :ph34r:

Edited by Wolfbane

I agree Jim, that 7th inning was nuts. One of the best games I have seen. I would love to see the Jays win it all, the Canadian pride in me comes out in baseball I guess since my beloved Toronto Maple Leafs will never win anything...

• Like 1

Wow, don't watch much baseball, but usually watch all of the playoffs....have never seen anything like that 7th inning....one thing after another!  Certainly more exciting than any of the recent debates!

Watching paint dry beats recent debates. Maybe we could build a giant Colosseum and bring in some lions and tigers for the next big debate. :)

• Like 2

I agree Jim, that 7th inning was nuts. One of the best games I have seen. I would love to see the Jays win it all, the Canadian pride in me comes out in baseball I guess since my beloved Toronto Maple Leafs will never win anything...

They are better known as the 'Maple Laughs' around here. Been all down hill  for Toronto since Eddie Shack retired. :)

• Like 1

Wow, don't watch much baseball, but usually watch all of the playoffs....have never seen anything like that 7th inning....one thing after another!  Certainly more exciting than any of the recent debates!

Watching paint dry beats recent debates. Maybe we could build a giant Colosseum and bring in some lions and tigers for the next big debate. :)

Seeing I now reside in Michigan you continue to bash the teams around me.....hahaha!

The Jays game was one of the best I've seen this year. 

-A one in a million throw from catcher to pitcher scores a go ahead run

-3 sequential errors by the Rangers

- Dramatic home run just when the script would call for one

-A 20 year old closer to finish it off

Great stuff. It will be a legendary game.

• Like 2

Got home from work and ended up turning it on for the start of the 7th inning...unbelievable.  Announcers had it right though, every tough call was made correctly by the umps, without the replay (other than to later confirm).  I saw only the last couple innings, but that was a pretty damn consistent and fair strike zone too.  Bravo to the umps...they don't get much credit, but it was due in this case. 

• Like 1

Excessive showboating by Bautista was uncalled for. Next guy up was thinking about taking one in the ear.

On the play where the Rangers took the lead, if you noticed Russell Martin did not protest, he knew that it was a live ball, as did Odor on the Rangers who smartly ran home. The problem was with the home plate ump who waved off the play, thinking it was a foul ball, when in fact it was live. At least they got it right. The comedy of errors that followed  in the bottom half of the inning was one of the weirdest series of plays I can remember.

• Like 1

Stephen, certainly not "dissing" your post, but don't you find it interesting that "showboating" in baseball is a seemingly very sensitive thing with the players, while in just about every other sport it's no big deal?  Personally, I think Bautista reacted perfectly, considering the emotions of the moment, the crowd frenzy, and what he had just accomplished.  That's just me....The entire sequence was pretty amazing.

• Like 2

Sorry but Drysdale or Gibson would have put the next pitch in the guy's earhole after that crap he pulled at home plate. The whole bat flip, stare down the pitcher, look at me thing. Don't be surprised if he gets drilled the next time the Jays play the Rangers.

Doc The video you posted has been blocked by MLB -Mark

The guy who posted it said he did not own the rights to it, even though he did a nice job on the presentation and had some nice looking credits to MLB. 

I had a feeling the people who owned it would be knocking that thing off the air as soon as they found it, and they did.  B)