College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

Both AUburn & AlaBama don't want an Open Date this late in the season, just before they play each other, so they save a cream puff.

AUburn is playing Idaho.

Nothing wrong with that. Just seems strange, this late in the season.

That makes sense, but it does seem odd.

The parity this year is very real.  There are about 20 teams that could win, or lose, against anyone on any given day.  Even NAVY is genuinely competitive,

Speaking of Navy, how long can the ARMY NAVY rivalry survive the recent dominance by NAVY?  If one team doesn't win occasionally, the rivalry is weakened.  My brother is a ring knocker, USNA '75, and even he wouldn't open a vein if ARMY were to win, once a decade.

Similarly, Michigan has beaten the Buckeyes once in the last 10 games.  If they don't win soon the rivalry will be neutered.

You think Bama should play Louisiana Tech or Northwestern State instead?

Keith

Try reading the "Nothing wrong with that" part again.

Yeah, I read that. I also read 'saving a cream puff'.

I also remember reading just before the start of this season that Alabama had the toughest schedule in college football. I believe that was according to ESPN's Power Football Index. Try reading that.

Keith

Speaking of Navy, how long can the ARMY NAVY rivalry survive the recent dominance by NAVY?  If one team doesn't win occasionally, the rivalry is weakened.  My brother is a ring knocker, USNA '75, and even he wouldn't open a vein if ARMY were to win, once a decade.   Similarly, Michigan has beaten the Buckeyes once in the last 10 games.  If they don't win soon the rivalry will be neutered.

Neutered?  Get real.  TRUE rivalries are never weakened.  Just ask your Husker Daddy. 

Four remaining major unbeatens: Clemson, Ohio State, Iowa and Houston (think air quotes around "major" regarding Houston).  That must go down to 3, at least by the B1G championship, if not sooner.

It will sure be nice when the championship expands to 8 teams.  While a single game elimination format (which is a given) will never guarantee that the best team ultimately wins, it will be an improvement.

Oklahoma State, too.

Right you are.  I guess I unconsciously, I decided that one OSU was enough.  In any case, it's unlikely that the Cowboys will get past both Baylor and the Sooners, but stranger things have happened.

Substitute OKState for Houston and you get to drop the air quotes around major.

Edited by DizRotus