College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

I couldn't figure out why the Ohio State offense was in such a shambles (as the Cleveland Browns) all season until I found out their offensive coordinator went to Houston. Now Houston has a good offense.

I guess the only play in the playbook now is "quarterback run".

JJK

This is the last weekend for ND and the Big 12 schools to make their cases.  The conference championships the following week give the teams in the other Power 5 conferences another opportunity to impress the committee.  I must admit, the 4 team playoff makes things interesting, but I still think 8 teams would be better.

I'm a fan of the old bowl process, the BCS. 1 vs 2, one game and done.  In fact, it was more interesting when 1 did NOT play 2.  Then the teams were playing for style points and votes.  There was MUCH more discussion about the national championship.

If you were ranked (voted) 3 or 4, too bad, you shouldn't have lost.  There already was a playoff system in place.  It was called THE REGULAR SEASON!  :P

+++

There are an awful lot of teams that have to lose the next couple of weekends for my 4-loss WVU Mountaineers to sneak in.  :wacko:

+++

I think Oklahoma is playing well lately, but with a loss to lowly Texas I'm surprised they are top 4, and I'm a Big 12 fanboy.  Oklahoma needs to beat #11 OK State on the 28th and they're in, just that simple as there is no Big 12 playoff game.

It looks like seats at the adult table belong to (projected if things stay the same) the SEC champ (Alabama)  Big 10 (Iowa)  Big 12 (OK) and ACC (Clemson).  The names might change but only independent Notre Dame can sneak in now ahead of a conference champ.  The Big 10 has the best chance of having a stumble down the stretch.

Edited by wvu80

These "stumbles" can still occur:

• Clemson to South Carolina (unlikely) or North Carolina;
  • Alabama to Auburn or Florida;
  • Oklahoma to Oklahoma State;
  • Iowa to Nebraska and to Michigan State or Ohio State or Michigan.
  • Michigan State to Penn State or Iowa; and/or
  • Notre Dame to Stanford.
  • Like 1

My Clemson Tigers won today, but it was ugly. If we play like that against UNC, we'll lose by 30+. 

I have not been a believer in Clemson because of the soft schedule they've played, they haven't beaten any top teams except #6 Notre Dame by 2 and #16 FSU by ten.

I am starting to take notice of #14 North Carolina who after losing their first game to South Carolina has quietly rolled up 10 wins in a row, but not against any ranked teams.

Next week could certainly be a trap game for Clemson.  It's hard to win as a front runner when every opponent is saving their best game of the year just to beat you.

• Like 2

OSU did the job on Michigan. Thank you. It helps Sparty's chances with the committee.

With Big 10 match ups and then league championships I'm not sure who is likely in or out.

Does MSU now control its fate?

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

OSU did the job on Michigan. Thank you. It helps Sparty's chances with the committee.

With match ups and then league championships I'm not sure who is likely in or out.

Does MSU now control its fate?

If they beat Iowa in Indy they should be in, so yes. If Iowa wins, then the Hawkeyes are definitely in.

With Iowa, MSU, OSU & Michigan now in the committee's top ten, it's unlikely a one loss B1G champ is excluded.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2