Please say a prayer for Maron

sheltie dave

Although he is not Jewish I chanted the Mi Shebeirach for him.This is a tough spot for someone his age. My father is a little younger ( late 70s), and ended up in an induced coma in a Florida hospital last December. Similar sort of issues.

sorry to hear this news YK Thom I do hope that your father is recovering. All of my dads family had heart issues and there were strokes on my mothers side. My sister died at the age of twenty one from internal hemorrhage probably an aneurysm. We can make things worse or better in our lives it's a choice to do or not to do we still choose. Best regards Moray James.

He did indeed pull out of it, although in a weakened state. In fact he was up here in Yellowknife for a visit two weeks ago. His mobility is reduced but he can still get around. There is always hope.

• Like 1

I'm holding off to a three or four day cycle. I would love to call every day, as I am almost three hours away from his hospital, but I don't want to be a pest or intrude on their friend, who is three states away from his home, and never has met me. I also want all of us to be lifting our prayers up, and to be respectful to Maron and his wife, and not passing out too much personal information or wrong information. I'll call again tomorrow, and let Maron know through the extended grapevine that a lot of folks care about him, are praying for him and his healthy return!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Prayers from a member that is way to new here to know who you are....

I tried to find info on you here, under members...

You have to be a private soul...

For the folks that know Maron how about some stories??? and send them to him :) :) :) :) :)

Maron is a legend. Here is a link to just a sample of what he was about.

He was a recording engineer for the St. Louis Philharmonic for many, many years. I met him on this forum.

When he found out I was interested in reel to reel he sent me, unsolicited, a master tape he recorded, and the lp that was cut from the master. He always encouraged us to go out and record our own stuff.

He is a great man, and I hope he gets well soon.

Travis

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?27666-Best-JBL-EVER/page5

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

Great news indeed!  I dispatched The Twins to his bedside. There was some delay in getting Tawny's nurse's uniform right. Something about a crooked seem on the white hose.  Tickles got it fixed. They slipped into their 1970's era PanAm stew uniforms for the flight and should be bringing good cheer and tender care to Maron anon.

• Like 2

I have very sad but joyful news.  Maron could not fight off the pnuemonia and his severely weakened state, and passed last Friday. While he was awake and alert, they found that his previous prostate cancer had returned. He realized that he was too tired to do any more circuits with us, and so he passed onto a far greater journey.

We are the richer for his presence, and his cantankerous "old man" grouchiness led many an otherwise peaceful thread astray, much to his delight.

Please continue with the prayers, both for his new journey and for his widow, Debbie. She has found comfort and solace knowing that his friends here hold him dear.

Also, please pray for Bob Armbruster (Captn Bob,) who also just passed. Bob was the theater arts building manager at Principia College, and then the traffic/events manager and on air talent for KFUO Classic 99 FM in St. Louis for years. My teenage son listened to Bob's classical music show for eight years, falling asleep to a familiar loved voice every Sunday night.

Tempus Fugit, gentlemen. Our two most prominent beloved Klipsch gurus and gray haired eminences in Missouri have departed.

Bob is at the far back left, Maron is in the right side folding chair, appropriately kibbutzing with each other. They could each go for days telling stories about who they rubbed shoulders with, beginning with PWK!

DSCN0721.jpg

Edited by sheltie dave
  • Like 3