Please say a prayer for Maron

sheltie dave

finding ones self in the situation where you need bypass(s) or stents is a BIG RED FLAG warning telling you that it is time to drastically change your lifestyle toward much more activity better diet and to stop or drastically reduce drinking and to STOP smoking. For most in this situation the procedure(s) will with some luck buy you enough time so you can improve matters for the better. For those who follow the path of moderation and do little to really change they will in most cases be back where they started in about five years on average but usually by then in worse condition and very often with few or no available veins for further bypass work. For those men who may at present have ED (erectile dysfunction) problems you should be much more concerned about your heart than the fact that you cannot or have a difficult time getting or maintaining a woody anymore. ED is really a diagnosis of heart disease, your heart simply cannot supply enough blood fast enough or long enough to get the job done, so get your heart back in good condition and it will take care of all your other business for you. Good luck to all who have a heart condition just remember it has been your life time of behavior and habits which have brought you to this place and they must change if you are to continue. Just so you know I have heart disease myself and I am now a vegan on a no fat vegetarian diet as a result. I rode my bicycle to the doctors today for a check up so it can be done and your can feel and be a whole lot better and you can inspire others that you love to do the same. I have much shame for the example that I lived for my children to watch learn from and now I want to live long enough and well enough for them to see me transform myself so they can see they can do the same. Heart disease is not the legacy that I want to give to my children or for my friends to share. Be well all and prayers for Maron and his family. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

I want to live long enough and well enough for them to see me transform myself so they can see they can do the same. Heart disease is not the legacy that I want to give to my children or for my friends to share. Be well all and prayers for Maron and his family. Best regards Moray James
Many thanks for your magnificent testimonial!

Larry 

finding ones self in the situation where you need bypass(s) or stents is a BIG RED FLAG warning telling you that it is time to drastically change your lifestyle toward much more activity better diet and to stop or drastically reduce drinking and to STOP smoking

Active people have issues as well, that's not always the case.  I played soccer for 38 years, never smoked, ran all the time and ate right.  I still had to take cholesterol meds because my body either produced too much or didn't metabolize it correctly.  My wife ate anything and hardly ever exercised yet her cholesterol numbers were always far better than mine.  Genetics has a lot to do with it. 

• Like 1

finding ones self in the situation where you need bypass(s) or stents is a BIG RED FLAG warning telling you that it is time to drastically change your lifestyle toward much more activity better diet and to stop or drastically reduce drinking and to STOP smoking

Active people have issues as well, that's not always the case.  I played soccer for 38 years, never smoked, ran all the time and ate right.  I still had to take cholesterol meds because my body either produced too much or didn't metabolize it correctly.  My wife ate anything and hardly ever exercised yet her cholesterol numbers were always far better than mine.  Genetics has a lot to do with it.

You are absolutely correct and I should not have forgotten those who are predisposed through family genetics (I myself fall into this same group with both heart and vascular issues on both sides of my family tree). This is all the more reason for a strict no (extra) fat diet 8 - 10% of your daily callories from fat (in your veggies there is lots there) and a source of your choice for your Omega 3 fatty acids which are the only extra fat anyone really needs to eat. I get my Omega3 fatty acids from a teaspoon of Flax ceed each day on my oats at breakfast. Lots of extra fiber will keep your colon clean and insure extra unneeded fats will be absorbed and removed from your system. An Excellent book on a diet for folks with genetic predispositions to heart disease is one by Dr. Caldwell Esselton Jr. MD called Prevent and reverse Heart Disease excellent dietary support is also available from Dr. John McDougal who has a fabulous web page where everything he has ever published is 100% free to down load and his latest book is called Te Starch Solution and is a powerful tool for learning how to live and eat well.

Both these men are a credit to the Medical Health Care profession.

http://www.dresselstyn.com/site/

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/free-mcdougall-program/

• Like 1

Although he is not Jewish I chanted the Mi Shebeirach for him.

This is a tough spot for someone his age. My father is a little younger ( late 70s), and ended up in an induced coma in a Florida hospital last December. Similar sort of issues.

• Like 1

Although he is not Jewish I chanted the Mi Shebeirach for him.

This is a tough spot for someone his age. My father is a little younger ( late 70s), and ended up in an induced coma in a Florida hospital last December. Similar sort of issues.

sorry to hear this news YK Thom I do hope that your father is recovering. All of my dads family had heart issues and there were strokes on my mothers side. My sister died at the age of twenty one from internal hemorrhage probably an aneurysm. We can make things worse or better in our lives it's a choice to do or not to do we still choose. Best regards Moray James.

I got a kick out of Maron calling people "day old bread breath"

JBL LE-15A

Posted by ZAKO on 03 October 2003 - 01:53 PM in Technical/Modifications

DODGER....Grunts? That was their first spoken language? Wrong day old bread breath

Posted by tube fanatic on 14 November 2013 - 03:11 PM in Lounge

Not so,,Day old bread breath,,,

Maron had me send him some JBL 2405 tweeters via UPS Red Label, when he knew that UPS would not deliver next day to his address!

(and they would have got there via Ground in the same period of time as he is in Missouri and I am in Iowa)

Hope he can recover.

Edited by djk

Someone is listening....

Maron has been taken off the propofal, is out from the medical coma, and is slowly being weened off the respirator. One they pull the trach, he will be able to talk in a few days. He is alert and the elevator is going to the top floor, he recognizes everyone, and he is slowly getting feisty again. apparently, he likes being turned more by blonde nurses.

He will need another quad bypass, but that will be down the road, after he goes through rehab and regains needed strength and weight. For an old man, he is quite resilient. His next six months are going to be spent in hospital, rehab, drs appts, and hospital again.

• Like 6