Some highlights of 2015 CEDIA

Nismo

I have absolutely zero interest in any music from Enrique Iglesias, but the Atmos track from him on the Atmos demo disc is so good... I've listened to it 30-40-50x
I do the same as it is a very catchy tune, Bailando. I have played it countless times and it sounds great mixed as an Atmos track! My kids love to dance to it too! Lol!
  • Like 1

I have absolutely zero interest in any music from Enrique Iglesias, but the Atmos track from him on the Atmos demo disc is so good... I've listened to it 30-40-50x
I do the same as it is a very catchy tune, Bailando. I have played it countless times and it sounds great mixed as an Atmos track! My kids love to dance to it too! Lol!

Haaaa.... glad I'm not alone! The first time I played Bailando I was floored by the track. It was like wow! The Atmos mix perfectly captures vocals, music & electronic beats with exceptional clarity, definition & detail (unlike anything I've heard before). The audio fills the room from every direction with perfect balance & punch. I actually had to look up "Bailando" to see what it meant... & make perfect sense with the video. I'll throw it on just for background music, because I can listen to it anytime.  Atmos Demo worthy material for sure. Good stuff.

I caught that over the weekend. Nice modular unit that can be paired (retro-fit) with existing in-wall AIM Series 2... or as a full system.

The multiple tweeter pivoting array makes for optimal room dispersion with both mid & high range freq.

C'mon Dave…..you were dancing to it also :D

Wow, they had the Jub!

That's what I was thinking, the way that he talked was like they are going to try and push the cinema series more to the mass market. 

I've been hearing this also. i think they are getting us on here confused with regular everyday people. i mean it doesn't hurt to try pushing the cinema line. it is the best they sell. for sure. but when they do that i think they are gonna hike prices on them. i hope they dont. i hate that they raised the prices on the heritage with absolutely nothing done to them. if they do the same on the cinema line klipsch i will be bummed.

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

Wow, they had the Jub!

That's what I was thinking, the way that he talked was like they are going to try and push the cinema series more to the mass market. 

I just wish they had a cinema style speaker that was sized for a typical room, other than KL-650's.  Something with pro audio drivers that really are as efficient as they say, similar to the DIY Sound Group offerings.  Maybe like the smaller JTR offerings.  Or, even towers, but with pro drivers, like some stuff JBL has done.  Not sure why pro drivers with paper cones are reserved for heritage and pro cinema.  

• Like 1

C'mon Dave…..you were dancing to it also :D

Since his last HT video, SD has added some new gear & speakers. So, I think a new video is in order... complete with SD dancing.   

Edited by Nismo

I just wish they had a cinema style speaker that was sized for a typical room, other than KL-650's. Something with pro audio drivers that really are as efficient as they say, similar to the DIY Sound Group offerings. Maybe like the smaller JTR offerings. Or, even towers, but with pro drivers, like some stuff JBL has done. Not sure why pro drivers with paper cones are reserved for heritage and pro cinema.

I have seen and heard these and they really have a nice finish/look are awesome sounding and one of my first thoughts was they would make an awesome Home Theater System..!!! 

http://www.klipsch.com/ki-396-sma-ii/details

miketn

post-12368-0-87740000-1445312466_thumb.j

post-12368-0-70020000-1445312489_thumb.j

post-12368-0-99980000-1445312508_thumb.j

post-12368-0-25460000-1445312535_thumb.j

post-12368-0-02700000-1445312563_thumb.j

post-12368-0-20060000-1445312591_thumb.j

• Like 2

C'mon Dave…..you were dancing to it also    Since his last HT video, SD has added some new gear & speakers. So, I think a new video is in order... complete with SD dancing.  
Lol. You probably don't want to see those sick moves including the "whip" and the "nae-nae"! I going to make a new video, still waiting on the pool table to get here first.
  • Like 1

My reaction to you watching the Bailando....

I'm listening to it on some nice headphones right now, still doesn't do it for me. I like Spanish / flamenco / Mediterranean type of music probably more than anybody here, but like more guitars and less pop singing. Rodrigo y Gabriela, Los Lobos like on the Desperado soundtrack, Gipsy Kings, Armik, Jesse Cook, Paco Pena, Sabicas... way more exciting to me and the horns on Klipsch speakers really come alive with this type of music. Bailando just seems like a toned down Britney Spears take on Spanish music if you listen to that stuff every day.

My reaction to you watching the Bailando....

I'm listening to it on some nice headphones right now, still doesn't do it for me. I like Spanish / flamenco / Mediterranean type of music probably more than anybody here, but like more guitars and less pop singing. Rodrigo y Gabriela, Los Lobos like on the Desperado soundtrack, Gipsy Kings, Armik, Jesse Cook, Paco Pena, Sabicas... way more exciting to me and the horns on Klipsch speakers really come alive with this type of music. Bailando just seems like a toned down Britney Spears take on Spanish music if you listen to that stuff every day.

Headphones? (lol) Then that would be the issue. You kinda missed the mark. Not interested in your taste in music. Like I said, I have no interest in Enrique Iglesias. The point of my post on Bailando was that is was an outstanding example of an Atmos track. The authoring & mix of the track is anything but.... meh.  

nismo I have no interest in hearing about your atmos setup but it doesn't mean I have to be a prick about it. have listened to the track multiple times myself and once again don't feel atmos is much better if any at all. I'm sure blindfolded I could pick it but once again you make it sound night and day better. Maybe your setup has some

Issues. Maybe your rf-7's have a woofer out or something since you always seem to think something is broken when you don't listen to atmos?

Except (unless you've added some new gear) you cannot process & play the Atmos track.

Nothing wrong with my gear, it works just fine. Never said it anything was "broken". No issues at all.

Simply stated that the Atmos track of Bailando is an outstanding example of Atmos authoring. And it is. 

If you don't want to hear about my Atmos set-up... your profile page has an ignore function. Add me to the list... 

You have said multiple times that you thought something was wrong with your setup when you watched mad max on accident not in atmos. I remember the stuff being said. And I didn't say I watched it at my house. Watched it at a friends. if ignore you will it hide all your posts? Cause that would be sweet.