Speaker wire

grandcarrera

BFA banana plugs

this is supposed to be a good cheap copy brand.

with banana plugs, some like the locking, i don't.  i had some RCA locking plugs, i don't use them anymore.  sad, they cost a little bit of coin.  i would suggest BFA style because they will have a tighter fit. the style like the MP, just sucks, cheap or expensive version. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
with banana plugs, some like the locking, i don't.

I've owned several style and brands of banana plugs until I purchased a set of locking banana plugs (don't remember the brand).  ABSOLUTELY love them!  You never have to worry about the connection becoming loose.  Simple twist and they remove, twist again and they tighten down.

GLS Audio Locking Banana Plugs

Sewell Locking Banana Plugs

Youth, those GLS are also supposed to be pretty good.  they have the BFA style as well. for me i just never liked the locking.  maybe it was because the RCA's i had all were real close to each other on the UMC and it was a real pain to install and remove.

this is more my speed at Knukoncep's.

not a big fan of tin plated wire.

Why are you not a big fan of tin plated? 

Just TRY and solder it.......

P.S. it's copper plated Tin, not the other way around, and it's junk IMO.

Am I reading this incorrectly?  Where do you see copper plated tin?  That doesn't make sense.

lol...i didn't even catch that. (post #28)

Tin isn't a bad thing.  i personally don't like it for the mains.  i don't think Tin plated sounds that good on the RF-7's/RC-7.  that's just on opinion though....that and $5 gets you coffee at SBux!

Edited by InVeNtOr

yeah, it would work.  i personally would not.  i would have at least a twisted wire it's $2.97 more.  get that one and be done.

I've got to run to racquetball right now so I can't check it out further, but I don't think you linked to twisted wire.  I think that is 2 strands of wire in a plastic sleeve.

Someone please fact check that for me. 

this is more my speed at Knukoncep's.

not a big fan of tin plated wire.

Why are you not a big fan of tin plated? 

Just TRY and solder it.......

P.S. it's copper plated Tin, not the other way around, and it's junk IMO.

Am I reading this incorrectly?  Where do you see copper plated tin?  That doesn't make sense.

Copper prices have been high the last few years, PE was selling copper plated Tin stranded wire, you had to read everything in the ad to figure out it was NOT real copper, Tin is cheap.

Nobody Tin plates copper, think about it.

Nobody Tin plates copper, think about it.

Nobody?  

http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/karma-ss-speaker-kable/sp/karma-ss-12-gauge-speaker-wire/

And, a refresher course in bullshit....

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

Well fancy that, altough i would never buy wire that would not solder.

I emailed knuconcept and ask them about this "Tin plated copper", thier response was they were ask for it and it is not a big seller.

nope, that link is right.  it's their standard wire that is CL rated.  they come twisted, nothing drastic like 12 per foot, more like 3-4 twists per foot.  still a better option for EMI over flat.  since it's less than $3 for 100ft, i think its just a touch better choice. then again, it's what the OP thinks....

just got an email from Knukonceptz....they will officially claim they wire is 99.99% or 4N.  that's pretty good, especially at that "lower" price point. MP is 99.95%. now the debate statement....will you "hear" the difference....lol!

that Furutech 4t wire i used and now i have for sale is 99.999% or 5N. 

oh, they did tell me their purity is .001% which would make them have a 99.999% cable, but they won't make a claim to it.  their OFC is 101% of IACS and they told me Ultra Pure copper tops out at 102.75% IACS.

or you can just use tin foil or coat hangers....lmao!

bottom line, they have good wire for a good price.

• Like 1