Yet Another SVS Vs Klipsch Question

edison

Limited locations for subs due to WAF.  Second sub hidden behind my EZ chair at rear wall.   Front sub located  left wall 1/4 from front wall and next to couch (limited visibility, DW doesn't share my passion for black boxes in the living room).   Non negotiable.  <g> 

Edison,

A VERY respectable name there :)

First, I would bid you "Welcome to the Forum", and I truly mean that and hope you will stay and post in the future!

With that as my first response, I hope you wont take my second response in too bad of a way because I am gonna rag on you a bit....

Can't you explain to your wife that she has carte blanche say so over the appointments in the kitchen, dinning room, bathroom and bedroom as to aesthetics, but these are YOUR subwoofers and you are going to put them where you want in the living room as this is only fair?

Seriously dude, I wouldn't put up with that out of my wife for one hot second! I have six 18 inch sub drivers in my living room.... Is my wife pleased by this fact, no, but it is NOT her decision to make on something that makes ME happy!

Would you hesitate letting your wife decorate with something that you find ugly if it truly made her happy? I know I wouldn't, I would want to see her enjoy herself and that is exactly the perspective she needs to have towards you, not what makes my room look pretty for when the Jones come to visit!

I'm off my soap box now!   :)

Roger

Thanks, Twisted, I'll move in with you when I get put out. LOL It took 20 years to get a big screen in the living room. BSEG I started small with my return to audio after 40 years. I started with a pair of Klipsch R15s and there was no objection. Small and fit in next to TV and equipment rack.

Bought a pair of R26s for the front and moved the R15s to the rear. Only a raised eyebrow or two and all was good. Unfortunately, my RP280s came while she was home. In any case, they fit where the R26s had been and those were relegated to the basement for a future setup. Got the first grief when I got my first PL200. "How many of these damn boxes are you going to get." Of course I ignored her and got the second PL200. This is why the second PL200 went behind the chair at the back of the room. Really smoothed out the bass and all was good. Now when the R115s came she wasn't home and they quickly took the place of the PL200s. She looked at them and I could tell she knew they were different. No grief, however, no new space lost. "You got to know when to hold 'em."

So bottom line, yes, she decides how the public areas will be decorated. Happy wife, happy life. As far as she's concerned I have no aesthetic chops and she will handle that little detail lacking from the male gene. Hey, she paid for the new furniture, and for all the paint and painting. I handle the entertainment, computers and outside. Now I'm angling for a 60" 4K TV and I need to keep that acceptance factor thing going. She's a Luddite and I have to pull her kicking and screaming into this century. Took years for her to even touch one of my computers. Still have my first TRS80 in the attic.

She's not going to fuss too much, anyway. I'm home most nights, now, spending my time with a good movie or CD. Far cry from a few years ago when I spent most evenings in the streets. Yes, I'm jealous of those who have carte blanch as far as equipment placement, but we're packed to the gills in this room now. There's only so much you can pack in 12X25. Six 18 inch drivers! I'd have to give up a couch and a chair.

Can't believe how much I was missing before I discovered LFE. I've re-watched most of my favorite movies just for the added pleasure. Heck, even the commercials have added pop.

"Whipped" Edison

(worked for an electric utility for 20 years before I retired)

• Like 1

:lol:  Good for you Edison! 

But if you want me to move in with her so she learns better to appreciate what you give up for her, just say the word! :)

If you are happy with the relationbship. that is all that really matters. I have been married for 25 years ans she aint about to change me now! :)

Roger