RSW-15 powers up, but no signal?

NoSole

I've had my RSW-15 for a long time, but it's been inactive for several years because it won't process a signal. It powers up fine, but the light never turns green, so I can see it's not receiving/processing a signal and the light actually turns green, but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the signal. The reason being, whether or not a cable is connected, it remains green. I've gone through two receivers over that time and the problem has been consistent with both. I'll actually be moving on to my third receiver today, so I'll try again, but don't expect anything to change.

I finally opened it up to today to see if any wires had come loose or look for obvious signs, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary. It all looks clean and in tip-top shape, so I need advice on what to test/look at next. 

I was hoping to troubleshoot before taking it in to pay for repair, because I don't want to spend a ton of money when I plan to sell it regardless. It's too much sub for me these days. 

**Update above in italics**

Edited by NoSole

I've had my RSW-15 for a long time, but it's been inactive for several years because it won't process a signal. It powers up fine, but the light never turns green, so I can see it's not receiving/processing a signal. I've gone through two receivers over that time and the problem has been consistent with both. I'll actually be moving on to my third receiver today, so I'll try again, but don't expect anything to change.

I finally opened it up to today to see if any wires had come loose or look for obvious signs, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary. It all looks clean and in tip-top shape, so I need advice on what to test/look at next. 

I was hoping to troubleshoot before taking it in to pay for repair, because I don't want to spend a ton of money when I plan to sell it regardless. It's too much sub for me these days. 

Have you tried a different cable?

Just tried. No difference. I also have a splitter (to plug the single input into both the L/R inputs), and that also yields no change with or without. Although I should update my original post....

Fussing with the cable turned the light green, but I still am not getting sound. In fact, the light remains green regardless of which cable is connected, and even when NO cable is connected. I know that there is some electrical signal transfer because I get feedback from the speaker as I insert the cable into either of the L/R inputs on the back panel of the woofer.

you dont happen to be using a Pioneer are you?

No. My first AVR was a Yamaha RX-Z9, and my current one is Denon 3808ci. My new receiver (Yamaha RX-A840) just arrived, so I'm going to try that one now.

the reason I asked is because some AVR's have multiple settings for the subwoofer... for instance pioneer.

there is "off", "on" and "plus".

if you set the sub to off... it's off.

if you set the sub to on... it's off unless you set your main speakers to small.

if you set the sub to plus... it's on all the time.

go figure, but "on" yields" nothing... because I set my speakers to "large". "plus" yields full function all the time even if the main speakers are set to "large"

perhaps your AVR's have a similar function under speaker settings?

Edited by Schu

Thank you both for trying to help me solve the problem. I'm happy to say that the case is closed! Turned out it was, in fact, my Denon that was the problem. As soon as hooked up the new Yamaha, it started thumping like it's supposed to. All I can reason is that it's been so long since I've had my RX-Z9 that my memory of the problem somehow bled into the lifetime of the 3808ci. 

Oh well. I don't really care. I'm just happy that everything works and I didn't spend any extra dough  :P