Using sub pre out for center channel.

Rocko81

Doesn't the Speaker level center channel output have the center channel info? Why couldn't you down level convert this and then input into a center channel amp? I'm with MLO so far.

Yes, this sounds like it would work if there was already a center channel output from the amp to the speakers.......but then why would he have made this post if he already had a center channel output from his amp?

Am I not understanding something?. :)

However, in this case, where do you get the center channel speaker output from if the preamp doesn't have the center channel signal to feed the amp?  He says the amp is a 3 channel amp and he is using the L/R and would use the 3rd channel for the center.

I'm caught in pretzel logic.  Help.  I can only do 2 channel.  I may need to just go back over there.

Doesn't the Speaker level center channel output have the center channel info? Why couldn't you down level convert this and then input into a center channel amp? I'm with MLO so far.

Yes, this sounds like it would work if there was already a center channel output from the amp to the speakers.......but then why would he have made this post if he already had a center channel output from his amp?

Am I not understanding something?. :)

However, in this case, where do you get the center channel speaker output from if the preamp doesn't have the center channel signal to feed the amp? He says the amp is a 3 channel amp and he is using the L/R and would use the 3rd channel for the center.

I'm caught in pretzel logic. Help. I can only do 2 channel. I may need to just go back over there.

The confusion is that he doesn't have a 2.1 receiver, he has a 7.1 receiver that only has preamp outputs for the mains and subs.

I imagine he is wanting to utilize that third channel so all front 3 channels match. The real question here is not how to make it work, but is it better to use a converter and use all 3 external amp channels, or use two channels of it for the mains and use the internal receiver amp for the center.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters