Is my center channel is to small .

Lpraza

It's more a statement on the shortcomings of room correction software in general. I think it has it's place, but room correction software is not the human ear, let alone each individuals ear.
+1 that statement. I also have the RC-62II. I totally disliked the room correction after I ran all 8 locations, so I made the adjustments by ear and to me, it sounds so much better. 
  • Like 1

I will utilize auto room calibration and then once it's done, I always double check crossover points and speaker size.  I generally leave volume levels alone, but will occasionally adjust one.  EQ levels I also typically leave alone too.  Auto calibration is a tool, but should not be used as a final end all for final setup.

My Audessy does not set speaker levels, just EQ.

Drop by Rat Shack and see if they still have a sound meter and buy it.  Use it to set your levels.  Expect to want the Subs a few dB louder, both for fun and because the Rat Shack meter is miscalibrated for lows.

I'm going to take a different angle to address the original question.  You have a strong center speaker which is well matched to the mains, as others have pointed out.

My first question would be, is the center correctly wired?  To get that dull, unclear sound it almost sounds like the speaker is wired out of phase, with the +/- reversed.  Do not assume anything at this point, and double check the speaker wires.

The other thing I would not assume is that the drivers are all working.  I suggest you unplug all the other speakers except the center and do some frequency sweeps, putting your ears close enough to each driver to insure the woofs and tweet are doing their thing. 

Be aware that if you anywhere close to my age (see avatar) those frequencies cut out around 12K.  :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80

I'm going to take a different angle to address the original question.  You have a strong center speaker which is well matched to the mains, as others have pointed out.

My first question would be, is the center correctly wired?  To get that dull, unclear sound it almost sounds like the speaker is wired out of phase, with the +/- reversed.  Do not assume anything at this point, and double check the speaker wires.

The other thing I would not assume is that the drivers are all working.  I suggest you unplug all the other speakers except the center and do some frequency sweeps, putting your ears close enough to each driver to insure the woofs and tweet are doing their thing. 

Be aware that if you anywhere close to my age (see avatar) those frequencies cut out around 12K.  :rolleyes:

Doc

Thanks for pissing off all the dogs in the neighborhood

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

My Audessy does not set speaker levels, just EQ.

Drop by Rat Shack and see if they still have a sound meter and buy it.  Use it to set your levels.  Expect to want the Subs a few dB louder, both for fun and because the Rat Shack meter is miscalibrated for lows.

here you go....finally someone said it....

if you don't use a SPL meter (analog if you can find it) then it will be wrong.  only super high end gear can actually tune your speakers to your room. 

do all the basics and have all the settings correct.  oh, just so you don't think you are along....i owned a Klipsch set up with a nice Sony receiver for 10 YEARS before i knew to have the "night mode" turned OFF!!!!!!!!!! yeah, that made a difference! lmao! go through all the settings and make sure you know what each one is and actually does.  then run your SPL meter test, and i bet you will think u installed a new system.