WTB: RT-10d / 12d or RSW-12 / 15 - Cherry Preferred

hybridamp

No big deal, thanks for the heads up anyhow calhockey10, but yeah Youthman is correct, I'm looking for the older RSW-15 rather than the current R-115SW.  If you grab a R-115SW though, please let me know your thoughts about it...

Thanks again for the posts guys.

Thanks. The single RSW15 definitely has more slam than a pair of RT10d

They're both beautiful in cherry, like the gentlemen said in your thread, the RT-10d is a work of art cosmetically.  Sonically, both seem like great subwoofers for my 2-channel setup, but from reading your thread the RSW-15 did appear to be the best option for what I'm looking for (aggressiveness).  I had also read your thread previously regarding the triple RF flagship comparison which was also a great read.  I've also owned all three and I felt very similar about their performance.  I wish I still had my cherry RF-7, those were my favorite as I very much preferred the in-your-face presence of those, but I gave up trying to find a pair locally earlier this year.

Edited by hybridamp

I'm still surprised that my RSW-10 has taken down both the KSW-15 that I have, and the larger 12" (forbidden brand) that I used to own. I can only imagine what the 12's and 15's are like. The RT series is just plain gorgeous though (however, again...I am strange and like the black dust covers of the RSW line. :P)

• 2 weeks later...

If someone were to rank the Top subs that klipsch ever made how would it look? Would these 4 be the top 4?

i dont think so. I'll leave the palladium out since no one here will pay for one of those hardly but the thx ultra 2 subs are fantastic subs! I sold a pair with the amp for 1500 a couple years ago. I felt that was a fair deal well it must have been a great deal cause they sold in about 30 minutes and the guy left work from St. Louis and drove 4 hours to get them.

The rest are all awesome and worthy of being a top contender. I've never heard the rsw-12. But heard all the rest. If music was top priority and money was no object if place them palladium sub, rsw-15, thx ultra, then the rt-10d. Movies I'd go thx ultra 2, rsw-15, palladium, rt-12d. Top 4 list in my opinion.

If music was top priority and money was no object if place them palladium sub, rsw-15, thx ultra, then the rt-10d. Movies I'd go thx ultra 2, rsw-15, palladium, rt-12d. Top 4 list in my opinion.

Based on my experience, I would put the RSW-10d ahead of the RT-10d.  Don't get me wrong, I love my RT-10d twins but they don't have the balance of the RSW-10d.  Due to geometry and design, the triple woofer RT-10d kind of shakes in an unbalanced way which can create noticeable noise.

Bill

Looking for a RT-10d / 12d or RSW-12 / 15 subwoofer - Cherry finish is preferred, but my ears don't really care honestly.

Hopefully very near KY as well.

Ever get around northern Indiana? There is a seller selling two and another pair of speakers. I am interested in the other pair of speakers and could get and hold a rsw-12 or two for you

• Like 1