Klipsch Heresy Speakers - $650 (Grand Rapids)

calhockey10

I love how they say that the terminals have been upgraded, but they don't even specify what upgrade they've received.

Looks like some corner dings on the one speaker. Looks like they might also need a good polish/wax on the bottom or maybe even a refinish. About $150 or so too high IMO though - if they include the stands.

Well, here's the problem, and it's not the speakers themselves, it's the seller.  Misfitz Audio is a brick and mortar store close to downtown Grand Rapids, and they are pretty much the only game in town,   I purchased a couple of things there about 2 years ago, before they became......"proud".....They are both a reseller and a consignment shop.  They are nice people, and if they get their asking prices, more power to them.  I go in there whenever I'm in town just to look around and to kill some time, but would never pay their premium, unless it was for something quite unusual and in very good condition.  JMHO

• Like 1

To jimjimbo:

There is another shop not far from Misfit that may interest you should you happen to be in the area again - 

http://cornerrecordshop.com/index.php?id=contact

No affiliation.

Yep, I've been there too....they are very, very small, and don't seem to be as aggressive on the internet or elsewhere as Misfitz.  I go to the Corner Record Shop for vinyl, they have a great selection of used, and a huge number of $1.00 albums that many times you can find some real gems....need to look at them of course, and I've put back more than I've bought, but, I've bought a lot from them.  They are also very nice folks.

I think this is true of anybody with a store front.  It's a challenge particularly with consignment.  Often the seller wants a certain net and after the cut for the store, the price is too high.  I have had stuff on consignment and it didn't sell just because of this. In retrospect I should have taken this fact into consideration. Bottom line is the store has to make a profit too.  I certainly have purchased from vintage stores and am glad they are available.

i've seen several items being sold by a private seller, where the ads are removed when sold.  within a week this place has an ad up wanting $100-200 more.  

they bought them, so they can do with them what they wish.   i won't be buying them, but wouldn't blame somebody if they did. they're usually pretty nice.