New mono blocks to match the heritage line.

john toon

Thought I'd share my newest project y'all. A couple DIY mono block tube amps to power the khorns. I'm using oak to match the klipsch heritage oiled oak speakers. Should be around 25-30 watts using 6550 and 12ax7 tubes. Still have a long way to go but you can see the idea. I'm still waiting on the transformers to get here and The tops of the amps will eventually be painted black.

No idea why the pic loaded upside down. :/

post-57351-0-14940000-1446055530_thumb.j

Edited by john toon
  • Like 2

Thanks mike for adjusting the pic. Not sure why it was upside down.

Thom, as far as the build difficulty, they arent complete yet so I'm still determining the dificulty level. So far hasn't been bad but there isn't anything on the inside yet. We'll see once I get to slinging solder.

• 3 months later...

Ok, its been a little while but I finally have the amps finished and all the bugs worked out. The build wasn't too difficult. I also built a preamp for them but it will have to be phono only as it is a little too hot with any other input. They do sound fantastic, they are dead quiet with my ear right up to the horns. I'd recommend the build to anyone tech savy. There is a kit with all the parts supplied but I went the DIY way and sourced all the parts myself and built the cabinets.

image2(1).JPGodd%20block%202.jpgoddblock%201.jpgimage1(1).JPG

• Like 1

yep this sure is the oddwatt design. here is a link to the schematic I used. cost about 500-600 bucks to build both amps and about 6 weeks wait time for the transformers from edcor. I may try to add in a bluetooth module in the premap section. The beauty of DIY... I sourced most of the parts from tubedepot.com and ebay.

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/5751-KT88-Tube-Amp-Kit/

• Like 1