Cool new USA based company / tube amps

joessportster

I just wanted to know how he found the forum. If you google "toolshed audio" this thread doesn't come up, I haven't looked past 5 pages of results fwiw.

Most of my customers follow me on Instagram and Facebook. I had mentioned that I was going to publish a Line-Stage "build-thread" on this forum if anyone had any interest they were invited to join the forum.

Matt.

BTW, some of these "follower/customers" might be interested to find out how GOOD Klipsch speakers are, so I'd be a little less aggressive with the newcomers.

A year or so back i started a thread with all things "Parts" and a few more members chimed in with threirs also.

Cannot find the thread, it would be good to post a link to that thread here, as it turned out to really cover the feild

as in hard to find goodies.

Maybe onw of you thread wizards can find it.

Funny i cannot find a thread i started.

Hi minermark, click "my content" under your name in the upper right of your browser, that should get you in the right direction on finding that thread. 

Matt, this is my point, threads are hard to find on here and they usually aren't the first to come up on google so I figured he was coaxed in this direction by someone ;)  I find humor in human behavior.  

• Like 1

BTW, some of these "follower/customers" might be interested to find out how GOOD Klipsch speakers are, so I'd be a little less aggressive with the newcomers.

I don't sell Klipsch speakers so I don't care. I wasn't trying to be "aggressive" I was just trying to determine his intentions and motives for coming to a Klipsch forum when he doesn't have Klipsch speakers.  

• Like 1

I don't sell Klipsch speakers so I don't care. I wasn't trying to be "aggressive" I was just trying to determine his intentions and motives for coming to a Klipsch forum when he doesn't have Klipsch speakers.  

Fair enough, I don't sell Klipsch speakers either (Anymore), but if new forum members are joining because I have been pointing them to this forum via Instagram or Facebook the results will be the same....more Klipsch lovers. :)

A year or so back i started a thread with all things "Parts" and a few more members chimed in with threirs also.

Cannot find the thread, it would be good to post a link to that thread here, as it turned out to really cover the feild

as in hard to find goodies.

Maybe onw of you thread wizards can find it.

Funny i cannot find a thread i started.

Hi minermark, click "my content" under your name in the upper right of your browser, that should get you in the right direction on finding that thread. 

Matt, this is my point, threads are hard to find on here and they usually aren't the first to come up on google so I figured he was coaxed in this direction by someone ;)  I find humor in human behavior.  

Well that was easier, spent an hour a few nights ago looking for this helpfull thread.

Everyone feel free to add to this any sources you have, it helps everyone spend money too!

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/148096-parts-all-kinds-of-parts/?hl=parts

Edited by minermark

but if new forum members are joining because I have been pointing them to this forum via Instagram or Facebook the results will be the same....more Klipsch lovers.

Glad to have new members.  Hopefully they won't be just a one and done'er. 

Aercool, your Zu speakers seem to be fairly efficient (100dB).  Have you looked at any of the Klipsch offerings?

Wow, just when I thought you were going to be decent....

Decent? Decent was me not saying I don't think you know that much about electronic circuits. Your lack of understanding with some of the most basic concepts is what worries me that you sell amplifiers w/ lethal voltages to people. e.g. no bleed resistor in power supply. Sorry, you are probably a great guy just not a electrical engineer. 

• Like 1

but if new forum members are joining because I have been pointing them to this forum via Instagram or Facebook the results will be the same....more Klipsch lovers.

Aercool, your Zu speakers seem to be fairly efficient (100dB).  Have you looked at any of the Klipsch offerings?

I did look at some Klipsch options, but the ones that were intriguing had a huge footprint and probably wouldn't fit in my car if I bought and picked them up.  The array of Klipsch speakers was pretty daunting.  I couldn't seem to find the ones that would work for me, and working with Zu couldn't have been easier.  I guess I took the easier path.  I am intrigued by horns and their efficiency, but (perhaps incorrectly) thought I'd need a subwoofer to get deeper bass response.  Most of the specs for Klipsch speakers seemed to be in the 40-50Hz on the end of the spectrum.  

Wow, just when I thought you were going to be decent....

Decent? Decent was me not saying I don't think you know that much about electronic circuits. Your lack of understanding with some of the most basic concepts is what worries me that you sell amplifiers w/ lethal voltages to people. e.g. no bleed resistor in power supply. Sorry, you are probably a great guy just not a electrical engineer. 

Here we go again, I never claimed to be an EE. I am however, an EXCELLENT AMPLIFIER BUILDER.

Please point me at a customer review of an amplifier YOU have built. My website, Instagram, and, Facebook are replete with evidence of my ability. 

BTW, all lethal voltages in my amplifiers are on the INSIDE of my amps. If anyone decides to drill-out the  security screws and remove the bottom plates to poke around with a fork (or similar) in my amplifiers, they have voided their LIFETIME warranty.

I did look at some Klipsch options, but the ones that were intriguing had a huge footprint and probably wouldn't fit in my car if I bought and picked them up.  The array of Klipsch speakers was pretty daunting.  I couldn't seem to find the ones that would work for me, and working with Zu couldn't have been easier.  I guess I took the easier path.  I am intrigued by horns and their efficiency, but (perhaps incorrectly) thought I'd need a subwoofer to get deeper bass response.  Most of the specs for Klipsch speakers seemed to be in the 40-50Hz on the end of the spectrum.  

They ARE big!  We like to say there's no replacement for displacement.  Horns have to be big to go low.  The longer the horn path, the lower they will go.  The trade off is cleaner sound than a direct radiator but EVERY speaker is a compromise of some sort.  Glad it's working out for you.  Maybe an old pair of beater cabinet Klipsch heritage speakers will show up around you and you can use them in a garage system or other.  I think you'll like what you hear.

Welcome again to the forum!

You two (toolshed amp and xxjpmxx) have been DECENT towards each other as of late.  Let's keep it that way.

Please direct the chastisement to the perpetual instigator. His brand of snide innuendo is tiring. 

His first post was benign and wasn't even directed at you.  You became very defensive and it went from there.  The post he referred to came across as an infomercial from a one time poster.  I see both sides, that's why I directed it to both of you.