What to do ?

RickyClev34

Just an update.   The seller got back to me and said the RF-5's would be $700 for the pair and $1200 for the RS'7's , RC-7 , and RF-5's.  I assume that would be $900-$1,000 if I wanted the LRC.  More than I was looking to spend at this time.  My thoughts are maybe I should get the rears and center for $500 and save up for the RF-7's that I originally wanted.    

Happy to report I am now the owner of a pair of mint RS-7's and RC-7 ! Only one owner, boxes included, and the seller included a brand new never used extra 8" woofer ! Good get for $500. I'll probably be making a new thread Sunday or Monday about speaker placement for the rears. I'll make sure to include pics there's a few different options on where to put them. Any suggestions on cables to use? The RC has 4 hook ups when I'm accustomed to just two.

Got ya. The RS-7's are going to have to be hung. Should I just use the holes on the rear of the speaker or is there a wall mount that anyone recommends ? Been able to angle the speakers with adjustable mounts would be beneficial. Thinking a little DYI project could be the best option.

Edited by RickyClev34

Got ya. The RS-7's are going to have to be hung. Should I just use the holes on the rear of the speaker or is there a wall mount that anyone recommends ? Been able to angle the speakers with adjustable mounts would be beneficial. Thinking a little DYI project could be the best option.

I went DIY with my RS-7's, had to go higher up and tilt down due to an entrance way. Here's a link to what I used with some pictures.

http://www.avsforum....ml#post23651742

post-51278-0-80100000-1446336927_thumb.j

post-51278-0-28980000-1446336954_thumb.j

Edited by Tasdom
  • Like 1

That would work perfectly! Just what I needed.

Last question of the day and I hope it's not a dumb one.... but with the wireless converters like the rocketfish do you loose speaker quality or are there any decent options out there ?

I have no experience with wireless transmitters but I'm sure someone will chime in. I've always been in the "physical connection is best" camp but that's just me.

Congrats on the new speaker purchase! :emotion-22: