SOLD: Klipsch CF-4 Cherry Veneer - NW Ohio

Fleawatt

SOLD.  SOLD.

I bought these from fellow forum member.   They have 5" ports.  The consecutive serial numbers reflect a 1994 build date.

I probably wouldn't recommend these if you are looking for something pristine or with few flaws.  If you care greatly about cosmetics, these are not for you.  They do have cosmetic issues all over.  The worst veneer flaws being the stains on the top of one speaker.  Spikes are not included.  I had intended to order some from Klipsch, but will let the next owner take care of that.  The grill screens are decent.  A few snags here and there, but not horrible.

With all that said, they function perfectly and have no operational issues.   The cherry veneer is striking and the cabinets are solid.  They sound as they should.  

I would prefer pick-up so you can inspect them and listen to them prior to purchase.   I'm near Toledo, Ohio.

Asking SOLD 

*** I edited this post.  The ports are 5".  I must have misunderstood the person I bought them from as he claims he never told me he bought them from the original owner.  I edited that part of the post.   Therefore I'm unsure how many previous owners these have had.  I have not done a thing to the speakers, other than use some Howard's on them since receiving them from the previous owner.  

rightside_zpsddqpjwh7.jpg

grills_zpsmhqcixar.jpg

ports_zpsip4dh7rc.jpg

wire_zpsbbtjsqwx.jpg

serial2_zpsy4r9cbhi.jpg

serial1_zpsjoomkoqp.jpg

back_zpskselowyw.jpg

top2_zps77ubvslq.jpg

top1_zps7vdvuxew.jpg

Edited by Fleawatt

Beautiful speakers, but no CF-4 ad is complete without a reference to how much these beauty's weigh.

LOL!  :lol:

+++

That stain is not as bad as the ones I had on my CF-4's and they should clean up to perfection.  It will take some time hand sanding, but well worth it. 

To whoever buys these, if you really want to improve the sound for a very little amount of money, let me know and I'll give you the secret to your best bang for the upgraded buck.  B)

Edited by wvu80

Original Post has been edited after I was made aware of some goofs:  

1. These are 5" ports.  I took one out and measured it.  

2. The person I got them from tells me the horns he sold me were gray.  I guess the lighting could effect one's interpretation of that as the light strikes the speaker on the right, in the photo, it looks more gray than the left.  They are the same when the light hits them equally.  I can an assure everyone, the speakers have not been changed since I purchased them.  I have a photo from the person I bought them from and they appear the same color to me as they do now.   I might be mistaken in calling them black in my original post.  

3. I misunderstood the person I purchased them from, the person he bought them from was not the original owner.  

There was no intent to misrepresent, just errors on my part.  

Original Post has been edited after I was made aware of some goofs:  

1. These are 5" ports.  I took one out and measured it.  

There was no intent to misrepresent, just errors on my part.  

I know you didn't mean to mis-represent, because you would have misrepresented to your detriment!

You have the Holy Grail, the version 1 CF-4's!  B)

Edited by wvu80

These speakers are great. Fleawatt, your pictures show how beautiful the Cherry is. When I bought them, I asked the seller about the spikes and there was one badge was missing. She never found the spikes, but found and mailed me the missing badge. Glad to see it you put is back on the grill.   

The date, color of the horn and port length are what one uses to differentiate the V1 from the latter two. A picture taken by a phone and in florescent light isn’t as clear as the OP’s, but it shows the difference in the color of the different versions of horns. 

post-56159-0-87100000-1446276131_thumb.j

• Like 1

Beautiful speakers, but no CF-4 ad is complete without a reference to how much these beauty's weigh.

GLWS.

108lb.

I like that they dig down to 34hz and can handle 300 watts continuous and 1200 peak. I never had an amp or a need to push them to that level. The horn is large and lets the mids sing naturally.

I wish I had the cash for these. Toledo is only an hour or so away and they tempt me more each time I check into this thread. If I had not just purchased a pair of Emotiva XPA-1 mono blocks I would have been scooping these beauties up...