KSW 15

shreddaddy1

Hello all,being new to klipsch but not home theater I've been searching for info here on all of the new gear I have now.The only piece I have that I dont find much info on is this sub and there really isnt much on the net about it either.

Was this sub part of a HT in a box system? Or could you buy this as a single piece,was this an entry level sub? And lastly are there any owners of this sub here on the forum and what were experiences with it in relation to placement,settings and reliabilty?

I appreciate any info and love my change from my 11 year old Eosone system to klipsch,the clarity of the horns is phenominal!

I wouldn't exactly call the KSW-15 an entry level sub. It MSRP'd around $700 or so when new, and has an output of around 285 continuous. The KSW series in general was fairly decent, but paled in comparison to the RSW line that was contemporary with it (case in point, my RSW-10 will outperform my KSW-15 any day of the week).

I have one KSW-15 paired along side a pair of '81 Heresy's, it doesn't sound boomy. The cut is set to about 75 Hz, and the crossover point on the AVR is set to 80 Hz. Those numbers hand in hand keep it very comfortable in terms of how it sounds.

Klipsch did not do any true HTIB's. The only sets it ever did were where there were 5.0 and 7.0 speaker setups. For example, the Quintets and the Gallery HT setup. IMO, the KSW-15 though is still a respectable sub. I'd personally rate it higher than the SW series that you were supposed to pair with the Icons.

• Like 1

Actually, the sub crawl is where you place your subwoofer at your main listening position. Then play some music, test tones, etc... And while this is playing, you crawl around your room and listen for the best bass. Could be a corner, middle of a wall or out in the room somewhere.

When you find this spot, you then move your subwoofer there. You should then have the same bass back at your main listening position. Like all speaker placement you may have to compromise where you place your subwoofer, because of furniture or room shape. But this will generally get you very close to the best spot.

http://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-connection/crawling-for-bass-subwoofer-placement

• Like 2