The joys of outdoor La Scala's

jimjimbo

OK; you all convinced me :D 

Will have some KP-3002 next week and try them outside. (Haha, with lobster on the grill and chilled vino :) )  If I like it I may buy a second pair of KPT-904's (posted in Alerts' section) ... could even try to find some big 402 horns for those :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

First time i ever heard La Scalas was outdoors in a driveway and i couldn't believe the sound.  I walked down across the street and it was just so effortless.  I want La Scalas back :(  One day..

Then I probably shouldn't tell ya about the deal I had to pass up because I had no place to put 2 pair....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oldtimer said:

Then I probably shouldn't tell ya about the deal I had to pass up because I had no place to put 2 pair....

I sold 2 pairs of LSi that i put my labor into fixing up after an amazing deal, after i sold, a single for center channel popped up near me which i never see.  Don't get me wrong, i'm happy and absolutely love my Chorus II and i came across an awesome deal for Chorus I and a KLF-C7 together and Heresy II's, but i miss the sound of the La Scalas, especially that k43 pro woofer.  The lower midrange was so sweet.  The bottleneck build of the k400 did wear me out at loud volumes though, but i miss the sound even for low to mid level listening which is 90% of my listening anyway.

"I am an old man. Filled with regret. Waiting to die without my La Scalas."
inception-old-man.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

I drove 100 miles to get to a place where I could get away with it. Shook up the wildlife a bit but they probably enjoyed it too.

that would be here. We get folks from the city come down and think there are NO rules. There are. Just one.....

You must invite the locals to your fun or it won't happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Turn 'em loose boys! Every time I do, I tell myself that I should do it more often.

You can walk a hundred yards away and they still sound great. No walls or ceilings or floor or windows etc to reflect off apparently is a good thing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Well, I was at it again, enjoying LaScalas outdoors! This time for a company picnic. Turned all four loose for this one since it was a large area. Didn't get to crank 'em (family picnic) but did receive many comments on how clean and clear the sound was even from far away.

LS4.thumb.jpg.8378fd9bd0418284f8f53b3da7fe5f89.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1