The joys of outdoor La Scala's

jimjimbo

On 4/17/2019 at 10:24 PM, dtel said:

Wish I was closer I could add a couple of other bass bins to your outdoor playing trips, matches great.

As long as you bring your tractor to move them around. Just the LSs are getting heavier every year! Maybe I'm getting old, (nah, that ain't it)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2015 at 8:13 PM, oldtimer said:

If it's loud enough to hear, then you are invited.

One time on the 1990s when I was in engineering school (shared student living house) we had a party one evening and a neighbor man came over and jokingly said he didn;t lkmnow whether to come over or call the police! 😉 And we welcomed him and all was good!

John Kuthe...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, MookieStl said:

As long as you bring your tractor to move them around. Just the LSs are getting heavier every year! Maybe I'm getting old, (nah, that ain't it)!

I know exactly how you feel your right, a LaScala is heaver than a single bass bin and a little easier to grab, but still no fun.

It's probably a good idea that a bunch of us do NOT live in the same area, it could be trouble. The police would say to each other, we got another call it's that bunch of old dudes at it again you think they would have grown out of it by now. :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I turned a single Industrial Heresy  into a boombox a few years ago. I am still waiting for the time I can sneak off into the woods with it when I take my brother camping and play some crazy bigfoot noises or something from off in the distance.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dtel said:

I agree with all of it, and not really worried about the police, well if at the time I'm reasonably innocent anyway. :blush:

This spot is very remote and you actually have to drive across a river to get there. My friend accidentally stared a small field on fire (fireworks) and called 911 and the firetruck never found him. You could hear them off in the distance, get closer then fade out, get closer, and fade out again, over and over until  they gave up. They were nice enough to call back but the fire was out by then. I think the police would have the same luck. Chances are there would be no complaints anyway, cuz everybody love non-distorted music....right?

• Haha 1

This spot is very remote and you actually have to drive across a river to get there. My friend accidentally stared a small field on fire (fireworks) and called 911 and the firetruck never found him. You could hear them off in the distance, get closer then fade out, get closer, and fade out again, over and over until  they gave up. They were nice enough to call back but the fire was out by then. I think the police would have the same luck. Chances are there would be no complaints anyway, cuz everybody love non-distorted music....right?

The joys of Missouri? I have a friend out only a few miles SW of me (@mookiestl can guess where) that says you better have a gun because the police are always an hour away.

Nothing says party time like a pair of scalywags in the back yard...nothing says street party like a pair of scalywags in the driveway!  And sometimes you even get FEEDBACK from the pissed-off neighbors from a mile or so away!  I certainly have! 

Ring, ring, ring..."hello"...."who?"..."OK, and YOU live WHERE??"  "OK, I will turn them down a bit, or if you just tell me what music you like, then it won't be necessary, right?"  "Ok...OK... turn them down it is!....but first I gotta enlarge the BITCHY neighbor radius on my map, give me a few minutes, later!"...click!

"HONEY, I have the map, thanks for leaving it on the kitchen counter....do you know where the hell my compass went to? I need to change the map a bit!"

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, dtel said:

The police would say to each other, we got another call it's that bunch of old dudes at it again  playing their Marie Osmond records at outrageous levels...you think they would have grown out of it by now.

Fixed it for ya.

:emotion-14:

• Haha 1

• Moderators

There's no hope for you, you really need to meet her.b

I would rather meet her than listen to her if I had to do either. 

Riding in the truck with Jim Hunter the other day going to lunch I reminded him of the hand gesture he gave you years ago, he remembered doing it, he laughed.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:51 PM, codewritinfool said:

The joys of Missouri? I have a friend out only a few miles SW of me (@mookiestl can guess where) that says you better have a gun because the police are always an hour away.

Here on Vancouver Island, the biggest hazard in the woods  would be a bear or cougar, but it would be unlikely for anyone to have a gun.  Most likely, the cougars would be scared away by the noise, and the bears would be put off by the fire.  It might be dangerous if there were no fire, everyone was unconscious, and we’d all passed out while eating hot dogs or hamburgers.  Hmm, that must have happened quite a number of times here already, but no news of a bear attending a drunken partier buffet so far.

Nothing says party time like a pair of scalywags in the back yard...nothing says street party like a pair of scalywags in the driveway!  And sometimes you even get FEEDBACK from the pissed-off neighbors from a mile or so away!  I certainly have! 

Ring, ring, ring..."hello"...."who?"..."OK, and YOU live WHERE??"  "OK, I will turn them down a bit, or if you just tell me what music you like, then it won't be necessary, right?"  "Ok...OK... turn them down it is!....but first I gotta enlarge the BITCHY neighbor radius on my map, give me a few minutes, later!"...click!

"HONEY, I have the map, thanks for leaving it on the kitchen counter....do you know where the hell my compass went to? I need to change the map a bit!"

Well, that’s one way to do a polar radiation plot.

57 minutes ago, Islander said:

Here on Vancouver Island, the biggest hazard in the woods  would be a bear or cougar, but it would be unlikely for anyone to have a gun.  Most likely, the cougars would be scared away by the noise, and the bears would be put off by the fire.  It might be dangerous if there were no fire, everyone was unconscious, and we’d all passed out while eating hot dogs or hamburgers.  Hmm, that must have happened quite a number of times here already, but no news of a bear attending a drunken partier buffet so far.

OK, so have you posted photos of your most excellent location here?  Sounds like fun.