The joys of outdoor La Scala's

jimjimbo

We had what will probably be one of our last really, really nice days and evenings here in N. Indiana, so our small circle of neighbors decided to have an impromptu cookout, firepit fire, and tunes, courtesy of (you know who....)  Once again, set up my refrubed beater La Scala's out in the driveway, streaming Spotify Premium through a nice Yamaha receiver.  Every time I do that, I come away with an appreciation of how great these speakers really are....nothing to worry about as far as room size, reflections, bass traps, etc, etc, etc....just pure quality.  Great time.

• Like 6

If it's loud enough to hear, then you are invited.

I'll tell that to my neighbors when I show up at their next party and help myself to their beer and food.

It works for me.   Gets your point across at the same time.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 2

I am trying to finish my "rescue" La Scalas in time for an outside function on 11/21 for this very reason. About a dozen friends are heading out to the country to celebrate 5 years since one of our cohorts was give 2 years to live (second round with cancer) I have known most of these guys since we were in kindergarten together 51 years ago. Great time with great music every time we go. To upgrade to the scalas will be a hoot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My neighbors know when it is OK to come over when they see my shop lights are on and the La scalas are jamming. I put on a block new year party every year and at least one or two in the summer and just about every neighbor shows up. I'm in the country but the few neighbors that I do have love to come over and jam and that could be any weekend. I tend to BBQ way more then we need because I know guest will be by. I don't always listen to Led zeppelin but when I do so does my neighbors. :)

• Like 4

We had what will probably be one of our last really, really nice days and evenings here in N. Indiana, so our small circle of neighbors decided to have an impromptu cookout, firepit fire, and tunes, courtesy of (you know who....) Once again, set up my refrubed beater La Scala's out in the driveway, streaming Spotify Premium through a nice Yamaha receiver. Every time I do that, I come away with an appreciation of how great these speakers really are....nothing to worry about as far as room size, reflections, bass traps, etc, etc, etc....just pure quality. Great time.

The last couple of day have been just great in NW Indiana.  It sounds like a great time!  Jim is in the snowbelt and that should generate a couple of new threads over the winter.

• Moderators

They do sound great outside, I tried that once with some Heresy's, not nearly enough bottom end for outside, actually sounded like no bass at all for some reason. But LaScalas sound great outside, easy to move around and can cover a big area easily, perfect for parties like that. 

Sounds like it was fun

I have some great neighbors that appreciate the music, and we stayed out until about midnight.  The sky was beautifully clear and we sat and looked at the stars, listened to a rather eclectic selection of tunes, and drank really strong margaritas and bourbon.  I have a slightly older Yamaha receiver that just seems to pair really well with them for that outdoor application.  My granddaughters (5 and 4) spent the night, and they were up until 9 dancing....

• Like 3

• Moderators

Cool neighbors, sounds like when the weathers nice it needs to happen more often.

Do you live in a subdivision ? If not maby plan a fire and neighbor party around it when it's colder ? We had a party last winter (not Indiana cold) and everyone had a good time staying warm around the fire.

Edited by dtel