Klipsch & Chipotle

fuzzydog

Had the chance to try Chipotle for the first time last weekend.  The wife and I found the food to be bland so I'm not sure what all the hype is about.

Regardless; I remembered that all the Chipotle's were running Klipsch Heresy's so I paid more attention to the sound quality than the food anyway. 

The two Heresy's did a great job of filling the restaurant with music.  I was surprised at how even the sound level was through the restaurant given that it was only coming from one side of the room.  I imagine that it might have something to do with the speakers being mounted so high up on the wall. 

Chipotle was playing some garage band hipster music so I couldn't compare the sound to any familiar songs, but the sound definitely had a lively quality and the bass lines were very clear. 

I would say that the room made for a very challenging listening environment.  The restaurant had very high ceilings with exposed concrete block walls and large windows on three sides.  There were some acoustic panels mounted flush on the ceiling, but there were none on any of the interior walls.  The restaurant was also mostly empty of people.  The result was lots of sound reflections which I believe were responsible for muddying the high frequencies a bit in the music. 

Overall, I was impressed with the Heresy's.   

• Like 1

The restaurant was also mostly empty of people.  The result was lots of sound reflections which I believe were responsible for muddying the high frequencies a bit in the music. 

The nerve!  What is the matter with all these people--"muddying the high frequencies"?  Clearly, Chipotle means well (the Heresy speakers), they just don't know the REAL draw to their restaurant . . . .  :lol:

I really like Chipotle's food. It's my favorite fast food style restaurant anyways. And you can't beat the serving sizes.

On the Klipsch front, I've probably been in 10 different Chipotles, but they have all had Mirage speaker systems.

Edited by johnnydrama
  • Like 2

[quote name="johnnydrama" post="1940786" timestamp="1446748054"

On the Klipsch front, I've probably been in 10 different Chipotles, but they have all had Mirage speaker systems.

Didn't Klipsch buy out Mirage?

I'm not sure who bought who initially but I think you are right. I do know they are under the same umbrella, which is Audiovox. 

Had the chance to try Chipotle for the first time last weekend.  The wife and I found the food to be bland so I'm not sure what all the hype is about.

Regardless; I remembered that all the Chipotle's were running Klipsch Heresy's so I paid more attention to the sound quality than the food anyway. 

The two Heresy's did a great job of filling the restaurant with music.  I was surprised at how even the sound level was through the restaurant given that it was only coming from one side of the room.  I imagine that it might have something to do with the speakers being mounted so high up on the wall. 

Chipotle was playing some garage band hipster music so I couldn't compare the sound to any familiar songs, but the sound definitely had a lively quality and the bass lines were very clear. 

I would say that the room made for a very challenging listening environment.  The restaurant had very high ceilings with exposed concrete block walls and large windows on three sides.  There were some acoustic panels mounted flush on the ceiling, but there were none on any of the interior walls.  The restaurant was also mostly empty of people.  The result was lots of sound reflections which I believe were responsible for muddying the high frequencies a bit in the music. 

Overall, I was impressed with the Heresy's.   

You are lucky you didn't get food poisoning, lol.  That would have made for some interesting sounds after you left the restaurant.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...