Legendary non-Heritage speakers

wvu80

Just for clarification, which speakers actually make up the true Heritage line?  What I think I know follows...But more than likely I've forgotten something, or included erroneously....   Jub Khorn Cornwall Belle La Scala Heresy   Now, do I understand correctly that the following are what is referred to as the "extended Heritage" line?   Chorus Forte Quartet Academy (??)
I agree re the Forte and Chorus (I haven't heard the chorus) because at least the Forte had that rich magical PWK real live music sound, and interesting, classic/classy designs.

I would add Shorthorns for the same reasons -- they sounded like real music and looked great, even over time, even though the Model S had extremely limited bass and PWK thought it was somehow a mistake.  (The Model T had excellent bass).  The Cornwall evolved out of the Shorthorn, I believe.

Scrappy,

Paladiums, Beautiful, most certainly, best sounding, not by a long shot! Not just my opinion, but backed by the majority here that have A/B auditioned them. The Placebo affect exists and is well documented fact, but you are correct in that everyone's hearing and perception is different as proven by many who think Bose sound great! It is NOT hate or envy that forms my opinion as I truly wanted to like the Paladiums, but when I finally did, it was my personal preference that I felt the RF-7IIs sounded slightly better, but the difference in sound between them and Klipschorns was not even close to subtle or interpretation. Myself for one and I am not the only one, nor only one of two or three, cannot understand why you ditched them almost as soon as you got them, yet still push them as sounding better? The fact is that neither you, nor I, nor the present form of Klipsch can change physics! A smaller speaker cannot be made to sound as good as a larger speaker! You cannot build a Bose Cube or a Quintet that sounds as good as Heresey and you cannot build a Heresey that will sound as good as the Pro Cinema line. The Paladiums, just like every other speaker out there is limited to the physical size of it's horns, drivers, and inner capacity of it's box. I do not cross swords here to start a beef with you my friend, only to state my true perceptions and beliefs and hopefully to inform others who might consider the Paladiums on looks alone to actually A/B them for themselves on sound alone before dropping that kind of coin. Are the Pretty, absolutely, and there ARE those out there who will buy them to fit into their decore alone without ever doing any critical listening for themselves! Are they Legendary? Not by a long shot in my book... :)

Roger

lol ditched them as soon as I got them. Ummm had them for about six months. Keep in mind I bought my first Klipsch speakers in 2010. I've had about 250-300 speakers since that time. So keeping a set for 6 months is a big deal for me. Why did they go? Well I'll go ahead and put this out there. Regardless of what people think about me since I'm always buying stuff. I make 16$ an hour. So paying 10,000$ on a home theater set like the palladiums meant draining my savings. Stupid when I rent a house and have other bills? Absolutely! But I did it cause I got a good deal and wanted to try them out in my home. If I could have scrounged together and replenished my savings I would have and the palladiums would still be here. In fact I miss them more than any other speaker I've had. But savings had to be filled back up. Was stressing me out BAD. So they got sold. There. That is the story and now you and the two or three others can know as well. :)
  • Like 4

Can I nominate the Belle as a great center? Especially between 2 Ks?

The CF4s and 3s were great, I personally liked them more than the KLF-30s, the 20s were a step below the 30 and the 10s another step down, but that goes with the price

The KLF-C7 is an awesome center for either of the 2 sets listed below the top tier.

I can't comment on the Palladiums, I haven't had a chance to hear them

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996

to the best of my understanding Roy designed the Forte ll (not sure about the Chorus ll) and the CF series and lots of other great stuff like the K510 and the finest product Klipsch has ever released the K402 and gobs more. Many other fine designers have designed under the Klipsch banner. Perhaps the Chief Bonehead would honor us with a history.

• Like 2

Just for craps and grins I went to the Klipsch website as I remembered they had a listing of the Heritage line.

According to Klipsch, the Heritage models are - (I added one too many, Belles not listed) ---

Klipschorn

LaScalla

Cornwall

Heresey

Only because it's not made/sold anymore.

http://www.klipsch.com/belle-klipsch-floorstanding-speaker/details

• Like 1

MWM. Great bass, build it yourself. Win win. 

Legendary!

c0143750_18131057.jpg

I agree it's awesome, now in laymans terms, where and how the hell do I build it?

Mark

Mark,

DTEL / Eldon Bought a pair of MWM single bins and got all of the original dimensions and built 4 of them in Oak!

Contact him for any questions! :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

I agree it's awesome, now in laymans terms, where and how the hell do I build it?

Mark

You bring your truck/trailer down to Knoxville....and we load two of them (a bit knicked up I'll admit) onto your trailer and you drive off.  Save the sawdust for someone else.

:)

post-12967-0-01700000-1446898275_thumb.j

Edited by Coytee
  • Like 1

Not being argumentative but is the Jubilee actually part of the "original" Heritage line?

I always thought -

Klipschorn

LaScalla

Belle

Cornwall

Heresey

Personally, I don't care what anyone calls the Jubilee as it doesn't change the way it sounds!

That said, my 2-cents would be since it was originally designed to become the Klipschorn II, it wouldn't be inappropriate to consider it a Heritage speaker.

• Like 1

The selling point of all small speakers has always been "They sound like big speakers" well they don't. If you want big sound you need big speakers
couldn't agree more.

Members here that have heard many speakers say the bigger pro series horns sound much better with the original Heritage line for a reason.
I own heritage and pro line and I have no problem saying the pro absolutely are better in every aspect than the heritage line that I own. (cornwalls)

Unfortunately most have the WAF to deal with so most hunt for a good sounding smaller speaker and the little woman wants them pushed in a corner where they cannot be seen!
good thing I don't have to deal with that. my wife likes speakers that sound good over looking good. thing with the palladiums was they had both. however I have no problem telling people that she and myself both like my cinema setup better. cinema is king. its klipsch's hidden gem.

Sorry for straying off topic, no warning points PLEASE!

Sometimes I wonder why I come here.

And then I realize it's because the vast majority of people are incredible, from all walks of life. So many people who will go out of their way to help each other and educate the people who are like me, I know the sound I like, I just don't and have never really understood the technical side to it.

And more importantly, even at my age, I keep learning from people who share their life's experiences, the one thing I've learned is when you quit trying to learn, have someone pat you in the face with a shovel

Many thanks for allowing me to be here!

Mark

• Like 5

Mark

You bring your truck/trailer down to Knoxville....and we load two of them (a bit knicked up I'll admit) onto your trailer and you drive off.  Save the sawdust for someone else.

:)

Man - don't tempt me with that. I mean, I already have the truck and trailer...and am only 3 hours away in Greenville...and have wanted to grab these and go get some 402s. Rather than incrementally upgrade, I figure I could save myself some stepping stones along the way. Boy that escalated quickly. 

• Like 3

I could set one up outside for you to hear.

I have the four doubles at my brother in laws (storage)

I have two single height MWM's here at the house, cluttering my garage (which is why wife demands the four doubles be elsewhere)

I digress...

I can pull the two singles out, slap a K402 on top and give a prelude to what you'd hear....

• Like 1

Richard,

When are you going to man up and teach that woman where she resides in this existence, and that she came from a mans rib?

Just grab that BULL by the horns, wrangle her in and put her in her place!

Tell her that at any moment she can be replaced with a wife like Christy that actually decided that the speakers her and her husband needed in the house were MWMs and a K-69/K-402 combo!

Man up Coytee, let her know who wears the pants! :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

In my thoughts, if PWK worked on the design, it is "Heritage."  Therefore MCM, LB, and Jubilee are Heritage.  This is because they have the heritage of PWK.

One thing I noticed is that the Forte (I and II), Quartet, and Chorus (I and II) use autotransformers.  PWK must have still had influence enough in those days to insist on this aspect of the design.  So, I think of them as neo-Heritage.

WMcD

• Like 1