Legendary non-Heritage speakers

wvu80

Plus 1 on the KLF-30. I'd also throw in the KLF-C7 center as a nominee.

I do hear a lot of fans of the KLF-30, a intimidating looking 3-way!  My problem (if I'm a voting member of the committee) is the glue problem the early ones had.  I don't know if that's a deal breaker, but it sure does make me hesitate before I vote it into the HOF.  The highest compliment it could have is that the people who have them (KLF-30 & 20) absolutely refuse to give them up!

And I just remembered, the KLF is part of the Klipsch LEGEND series!

P1010594-001.jpg

+++

That KLF-C7 is also a tough one, but I think you might have something here as it comes up consistently as a "don't miss" Craigslist buy.  I don't know how it compares to the RC-62 I referenced in the first post, which Youthman almost immediately questioned as not worthy of a "legendary" reputation.  Does it knock the RC-62 off the top two rungs?

s-l1000.jpg

Edited by wvu80

That KLF-C7 is also a tough one, but I think you might have something here as it comes up consistently as a "don't miss" Craigslist buy.  I don't know how it compares to the RC-62 I referenced in the first post, which Youthman almost immediately questioned as not worthy of a "legendary" reputation.  Does it knock the RC-62 off the top two rungs?

I agree with Youthman.  While the RC-62 is a nice sounding center, it is not a beast like the KLF-C7.  Nothing really special about the 62 that would elevate it to legendary status.

Bill 

• Like 1

Plus 1 on the KLF-30. I'd also throw in the KLF-C7 center as a nominee.

I do hear a lot of fans of the KLF-30, a intimidating looking 3-way!  My problem (if I'm a voting member of the committee) is the glue problem the early ones had.  I don't know if that's a deal breaker, but it sure does make me hesitate before I vote it into the HOF.  The highest compliment it could have is that the people who have them (KLF-30 & 20) absolutely refuse to give them up!

And I just remembered, the KLF is part of the Klipsch LEGEND series!

P1010594-001.jpg

+++

s-l1000.jpg

The C-7 kicks the 62s ***

Mark

• Like 2

Man up Coytee, let her know who wears the pants! :)

Last I looked, she still looks pretty cute while wearing pants.    :ph34r:

I on the other hand, have considered wearing a belt with my braces (suspenders) since I'm still down about 30 pounds and most of my pants look a bit like billowing clown pants.

I'm afraid if I point out who wears the pants, she'd get the last laugh.

Oh, here's one for you.

She came home one night.  Said she bought me a new pair of pants or two to try on.  (she wanted something that looked more fitted to me than the billowing clown pants)

Tried pair A & B on...  fit me nicely.

She then said "here, try these on"

Backstory:  I once made a joke that I had lost enough weight where I could probably fit into her pants.

Update:  I tried the third pair on....a pair of jeans.  As they were about my knees going up...I stopped.  I looked at her and said "these are YOURS, aren't they?"

She said try them.

Pulled them up, they fit and looked mighty fine.  She admitted they were indeed hers and now we had proof that I was able to wear her pants.

Maybe I could wrestle her for the rights to who wears her pants in the house? (I was team captain in high school)

:D

• Like 1

Man up Coytee, let her know who wears the pants! :)

Last I looked, she still looks pretty cute while wearing pants.    :ph34r:

I on the other hand, have considered wearing a belt with my braces (suspenders) since I'm still down about 30 pounds and most of my pants look a bit like billowing clown pants.

I'm afraid if I point out who wears the pants, she'd get the last laugh.

Oh, here's one for you.

She came home one night.  Said she bought me a new pair of pants or two to try on.  (she wanted something that looked more fitted to me than the billowing clown pants)

Tried pair A & B on...  fit me nicely.

She then said "here, try these on"

Backstory:  I once made a joke that I had lost enough weight where I could probably fit into her pants.

Update:  I tried the third pair on....a pair of jeans.  As they were about my knees going up...I stopped.  I looked at her and said "these are YOURS, aren't they?"

She said try them.

Pulled them up, they fit and looked mighty fine.  She admitted they were indeed hers and now we had proof that I was able to wear her pants.

Maybe I could wrestle her for the rights to who wears her pants in the house? (I was team captain in high school)

:D

Richard

Tongue wrestle her, you can't lose either way

Mark

• Like 2

Regardless of what people think about me since I'm always buying stuff. I make 16$ an hour. So paying 10,000$ on a home theater set like the palladiums meant draining my savings.

Scrappy ....nobody cares what you make ....don't think we care what anybody makes. Come on do you know how many hits your DIY 18 inch sub link got.

I personally read it at least 10 times...thought about doing one but bought one instead. Your lower level home theater consists of things alot of us dream about.

You are an upstanding member of this community...250 to 300 speakers since 2010...I thought I had a sickness... I think you may need an intervention. Nothing drastic....locking you in a room with an Accousimas system for a couple of days should do...you will come out shakey.

As far as Paladiums ...I personally think they are in a class by themselves. Klipsch decided to step into the high end market place to compete with the likes of Focal /Magico/Legacy/Wilson audio..... just to name a few. I think they nailed it ...so to speak   great sound great look. The minute I saw them I said those aren't Klipsch....but after doing more research ...I believe the phrase was used what kind of speakers could Klipsch build when price was no concern. Thus we have Paladiums... Ledendary ...maybe with time....Heritage No. Great speaker of course. Don't get me wrong I personally would never buy them....10 grand is something you buy to drive not to listen to.

Back to the Heritige line again. I had my first experence with Klipsch speakers back when I was in High school (which was before a lot of people in this community were born) I have been hooked ever since. I have never owned anything but Klipsch (Ok once ....but I did get counseling)(subs don't count)

Interesting topic

G.E.M.

Edited by oldred
  • Like 3

• Klipsch Employees

to the best of my understanding Roy designed the Forte ll (not sure about the Chorus ll) and the CF series and lots of other great stuff like the K510 and the finest product Klipsch has ever released the K402 and gobs more. Many other fine designers have designed under the Klipsch banner. Perhaps the Chief Bonehead would honor us with a history.

at your service.  you want to know what is "heritage"?

• Like 4

Scrappy ....nobody cares what you make ....don't think we care what anybody makes.
I just felt there needed to be clarification as to why they were sold since people apparently were talking about it. don't want possible palladium owners to be scared away reading that somewhere. I got rid of them for one reason. not anything to do with the sound quality.

Come on do you know how many hits your DIY 18 inch sub link got.
I don't? is there a place where you can see that kind of info?

I personally read it at least 10 times
that's awesome. I have read it quite a few times myself. recapping what I did so I can get this current build done that I am working on. 100 diy is much harder than the flat packs. the bracing has been my biggest obstacle. but it will be cool in the end and even much cheaper than before when I did.
  • Like 2

to the best of my understanding Roy designed the Forte ll (not sure about the Chorus ll) and the CF series and lots of other great stuff like the K510 and the finest product Klipsch has ever released the K402 and gobs more. Many other fine designers have designed under the Klipsch banner. Perhaps the Chief Bonehead would honor us with a history.

Lay down the Law my friend! Lay out the FACTS for all of us not lucky enough to have been there or have been lucky enough to know Paul on such a personal level :)

Rog

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees

Lay down the Law my friend! Lay out the FACTS for all of us not lucky enough to have been there or have been lucky enough to know Paul on such a personal level :)

Rog

i have no law to lay down... :)  specifically you want to know what i consider "heritage"?  to me, it means that it is heritage if was paul involved at any level......concept, design, mentor, audition and then continuing what he "blessed".  you guys might be surprised at the direction paul was encouraging to "follow that direction senor".  i am sure that everyone on here knows that i was lucky to have worked with paul and because of that had insight on what he considered to be the "next steps".  some stuff i just can't say but there are some that you can probably guess by looking at the product my group is developing.  

• Like 4

i have no law to lay down... :) specifically you want to know what i consider "heritage"? to me, it means that it is heritage if was paul involved at any level......concept, design, mentor, audition and then continuing what he "blessed".

Here's our problem; we don't have anyone, an ultimate authority who can say what is canon in the Klipsch universe.

In the Star Wars Cinematic Universe as opposed to the Star Wars Expanded Universe, George Lucas can say that Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi who ever was and ever will be.  That becomes canon when SW fans are debating "who is stronger than who."  Even if a SW book or animated series comes out and Luke gets his tail kicked, that isn't "official" or canon because it runs contrary to what GL said.

I have seen many debates from knowledgeable people who are passionate about what "heritage" speakers are with regards to PWK's involvement.  Who am I to say?  Who are they?

You my friend are the closest thing to George Lucas that we have. 

So when the arguing commences and the parties can't reach a consensus on which speakers PWK designed, touched or blessed and belong on the list of true heritage speakers, it ultimately boils down to one thing; "who says?"

In the Klipsch Universe, I think it is canon if "Roy Delgado says."

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

Paladiums, Beautiful, most certainly, best sounding, not by a long shot! Not just my opinion, but backed by the majority here that have A/B auditioned them. The Placebo affect exists and is well documented fact, but you are correct in that everyone's hearing and perception is different as proven by many who think Bose sound great! It is NOT hate or envy that forms my opinion as I truly wanted to like the Paladiums, but when I finally did, it was my personal preference that I felt the RF-7IIs sounded slightly better,

This is the complete opposite of my experience. I have owned RF-7's since 2002 and have spent quite a bit of time with the RF-7 II. I have not heard the Palladium P-37F but I have listened to the P-38F a lot and it is in a different league IMHO. Like everything in this hobby though, YMMV. 

Any and all stories and related history that you would be willing to share would be of enormous interest. I would buy the book should you ever decide to write one. Why not start today with what you are working on and go backwards and show us how the parts all fit together? Thank you. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james
  • Like 3

It seems like there's quite a few people liking the Palladiums, maybe they're not just a pretty face after all.

There is a forum member that has Palladiums (not sure which model) and Khorns. He gave his opinion in a thread last week what he thought about each speaker. It was interesting.